Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

October Instagram Challenge Day 9: Yellow

This one was a tricky one for me. I couldn't think of a lot of things related to autumn that are yellow, besides leaves. I did have a picture of one of my dolls next to some yellow violas, but that didn't feel very seasonal. Finally, I just went with Madeline's yellow hat. Fiona has just found it, to complete her Madeline Halloween costume.

Some of the upcoming challenges are a little bit tricky or overwhelming too, but I'm looking at this as a good exercise in discipline. Sometimes, if you really want to get a project done, you need to do the work even if you just don't feel like it. Sometimes, there are real physical or mental health issues, but many people, I think, just don't feel like doing a creative project if the spark isn't there. That's definitely been me in the past, but there are so many things that I want to accomplish, that I want to develop better discipline.

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear Barb, I think you just described me! LOL! I can never proceed with a project unless I'm inspired, but I am so proud of you for trying. :) Discipline was never one of my strong points.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so many people need that creative spark to produce something, Xanadu. :) I have some ambitious goals that I want to accomplish, though, and I won't get there without getting some things done even when I'm not "feeling it."

      Delete
  2. I do agree with the spark thing. I won't start working on a project that doesn't excite me. If I have already started and I loose interest, I will give it a second chance and try to finish it. I want to get on those challenges too, with the goal to start thinking a bit more out of the box when it comes to photography. Unfortunately, I can't take the challenge during the school year, as I'm quite busy and I would end up dropping the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be looking forward to seeing what you can do once you're not busy with school. You already produce nice effects.

      Delete
  3. Um,squash? Yellow Fall leaves? There aren't many options,are there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, there wasn't a lot to go on. We've already done leaves, and orange is coming up later in the challenge on top of that. Someone with a Monster High doll wearing yellow used the doll.

      Delete