Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Thursday, October 3, 2019

October Instagram Challenge Day 3: Candy

When my sisters and I went trick-or-treating, the first thing we would do when we got home was dump all of our candy on the floor and sort it out. I don't remember us doing a lot of trading, although I've never liked chewing gum, so I'm sure I gave that away. But having our two girls above dump out all of their candy would have involved me making up a lot more miniature candy than I wanted to, so these two youngsters are already digging through their bags and trying to make trades. Fiona, the redhead, is wearing Mini American Girl Felicity's dress, and the brunette, who needs a name, is wearing Mini American Girl Kirsten's dress. I made the orange bag, and the cloth bag, which is supposed to be a pillowcase. Mr. BTEG and his sisters always took pillowcases trick-or-treating, and I remember him saying that they would fill multiple pillowcases. Those were glorious times, when we kids were old enough to go trick-or-treating by ourselves. My sisters and I didn't fill up pillowcases, but it was fun running around the neighborhood after dark, trying to hit as many houses as possible. We made sure our daughters had fun Halloweens too.

8 comments:

  1. Mr. BTEG and his sisters obviously didn't worry about tooth decay then. LOL! We don't really celebrate Halloween here in Australia, but I must admit there are some dollies who do and I think it's fun. :)
    Keep the photos coming Barb, I'm enjoying them. Love the new header too!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're enjoying the photos, Xanadu. You're living a vicarious Halloween through dolls. :) My header doll is Ever After High Apple White, daughter of Snow White, who loves the apple picking season.

      Delete
  2. Fiona is adorable!
    My sister talked a friend and myself into trick or treating one year. But almost all our neighbours at the time were elderly and most did not speak English very well. Our entire haul was a lady finger banana each, and an old Italian woman took us inside and made us waffles and ice cream and showed us pictures of her grandchildren.
    Swapping candy looks lots more fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got something out of your trick or treating! I was fortunate enough to know Mr. BTEG's Italian grandmother, and she could whip you up a three course meal in nothing flat. I can just imagine a little old Italian lady feeding you waffles and ice cream.

      I have to admit I find Fiona pretty cute myself. :) She insisted that she get Felicity's Halloween costume, as she is a fellow redhead.

      Delete
    2. And I just remembered, when Mr. BTEG's grandparents immigrated here, Mr. BTEG's grandmother's sister and a bunch of other family went to Australia. The two sisters talked on the phone often, until Mr. BTEG's grandmother passed. The Australian branch of the family ended up near Adelaide. One of them came to visit the family here in Ohio many years back. He spoke fluent Italian, but he spoke it with an Australian accent! XD

      Delete
    3. Lol that reminds me of a story. A boy I went to school with moved here from Italy as a small child. In his late teens, he went back to Italy for a family reunion. Even though everyone spoke Italian fluently, and the cousins that lived in Italy could understand everyone, they found the cousins that lived in different countries couldn't understand each other because their Italian was so heavily accented!

      Delete
  3. I love your photo. The dark haired doll makes me think her name is Fancy. I have no idea from where that came.

    I have to admit that I find Halloween a bit scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like a lot of the gorier stuff around Halloween, but I'm always up for jack-o-lanterns and trick-or-treating. It's too bad that you find it scary.

      Delete