Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Sunday, October 6, 2019

October Instagram Challenge Day 6: Cozy

Skipper and her friends are cozily wrapped in blankets, and telling ghost stories by the fire. The fireplace is an old Sindy piece. The fuzzy blanket, I knitted myself. :) If you want to read the story of how I got a new light bulb for this old fireplace, read on here.

I imagine I was involved with ghost telling at some point, maybe a sleepover or Girl Scout camp, but I have no memories. I just wanted to have them doing something related to Halloween.

6 comments:

  1. I love the fireplace and the way you've got the light all goldy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I took one of my string of mini pumpkin lights, and draped it back and forth over the top of the box. It was an experiment that worked.

      Delete
  2. I'm enjoying your Instagram Challenge photos. Clever use of dolls & props. Did you re-body the Apple White doll in your new header? I thought the new versions of the EAH dolls did not have any articulation. She's so cute with her smile. Do they still have the gluey, greasy hair?

    Teresa F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! The Apple in my header actually came in a playset called Room to Study. She was the only doll in the Back to School line that was fully articulated, because of that.
      She and the other Back to School dolls that I have, all have decent hair. My Epic Winter Madeline Hatter doesn't have bad hair either.

      Delete
  3. If someone were telling ghost stories, I would be the one with her head under the blanket (laugh).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I watched Scooby Doo every Saturday, as a kid, I was afraid of running into one of the creepy characters from the show in my house sometimes, when it was dark or when I was down our basement. Even though none of the creepy characters turned out to be real ghosts or whatever.

      I went to see the movie Aliens with a friend, and spent a lot of the time watching it between my fingers. :)

      Delete