Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Monday, February 14, 2022

Happy Valentine's Day

From C.A. Cupid

And Lizzie Hearts

And the Valentine's Day cards that I made for my daughters this year with the Cricut. My eldest loves Winnie the Pooh. I found a cute pattern that I think was supposed to be a cut-out, but I didn't want to deal with all of those little tiny pieces of paper. I discovered that you can tell your Cricut to use an ink pen to draw a pattern, instead of cutting the pieces out.

My youngest daughter is into cooking Asian food. She and Mr. BTEG buy pho by the large box from Costco. This pattern did have little pieces, but not as bad as Winnie. This turned out a little odd looking, partially because of my spacing issues and difficult gluing little tiny pieces, partially because the pieces didn't match up as well as they looked in the pattern (which was digital and didn't show an actual paper version.) 

 

I bought the Pooh pattern for $1.99, but I can now reuse it whenever I want. The pho pattern is subscription based, but I think since it's in my saved folders I can reuse it?? And my daughter will say it's pronounced "fu" and not "fo." And I will say, be grateful "fo" your Valentine's Day card. Happy Valentine's Day! :)
 

11 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day, Barb! Wow, wonderful job on the Winnie the Pooh and Pho valentines. I especially love the pho one. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Valentine's Day, my daughter loved the pho valentine too. She's actually thinking about framing it, which makes me feel very honored.

      Delete
  2. Happy belated Valentine's Day! I love the Pho card, it's so cute! I love word puns like that and cute art in general. There's an Instagram account called @cutearteveryday that has some artwork similar to that. Here's an example Your Winnie card is lovely too, I'm sure your daughter loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is Valentine's Day much of a thing in Spain? I'll have to check out the Instagram account. I'm sure my daughter will love the Winnie card, but it might not have gotten to her yet. She lives about an hour away, so I mailed it to her last week, but you know how the mail service is.

      Delete
  3. Happy Valentine's Day, Barb! Thanks for sharing the cute themed dolls and crafts projects.

    I have not had pho yet; it's on my food to try list though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you D7ana, hope that you had a nice day. It's good to see you on the blogosphere! I was toying with setting up a Valentine's Day Barbie diorama, but I wasn't feeling it, and Cupid and the Queen of Hearts are perfect for Valentine's Day too. I've never tried pho myself; unfortunately for me, I'm a picky eater and don't like a lot of foods. The Dancer, however, loves to cook and she and Mr. BTEG eat all kinds of things.

      Delete
  4. I left a comment on this yesterday, but it vanished when I hit publish.
    It would be interesting to compare the Ever After High Cupid with the Monster High one.
    Your cards are fantastic and I love the idea of substituting a pen for a cutting blade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it when Blogger eats my comments. I think I saw someone compare MH and EAH Cupid a long time ago. I never really liked Monster High, though.

      I'm glad that you like the cards, too. I was happy when I found out that I could switch out the blade for a pen, and not just use the pen with pen-only patterns. I would have gone insane trying to glue all the little tiny bits of paper from the "bee trails."

      Delete
  5. I really like details on the Cupid doll. Lizzy also is beautiful, but Cupid has something that catches my attention. Beautiful cards. I don't see any imperfections in the "fo" one and "Winnie" is perfect❤️. In our country it is not very common to exchange cards for Valentine's Day. We usually exchange small heart related gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Cupid's outfit better myself, but Lizzie seemed appropriate too, so I took a picture of her also. Exchanging cute little cards for Valentine's Day starts in grade school here, or at least it used to. Mr. BTEG often buys chocolate for the girls and I. I'm glad that you like the cards. :)

      Delete
  6. I did have a nice day, thank you! Mr. BTEG treated the Dancer and me to our favorite locally made chocolate, and took me out to lunch. I hope that your shoulder is healing nicely.

    ReplyDelete