Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

A Pop of Blue

This post is a touch of serendipity. I bought a plant last year to plant next to our front walk, solely because it can exist in total shade, which is what that spot gets. To my happiness, it produced small blue flowers in the spring blooming season, and the plant has gotten larger when it came back up this year, and sprouted more flowers. The flowers are so small, that I thought they would look great with a doll.

At the same time, I noticed that my new Shadow High doll, Nicole Steel, looks great in blue, as I'm working on a new dress for her. So I decided she would be the perfect doll to pose with the flowers, and I think the photos turned out nicely.



Nicole was my latest Rainbow/Shadow High doll, until I received another Rainbow High doll from my daughter, for Mother's Day. :) However, the photos that I wanted to take to review these two dolls will have to wait. Mr. BTEG is in the hospital with an infection, nothing serious, but something that needs to have an eye kept on it.

Here's a picture of the plant that the flowers came from. I've completely forgotten what the plant is called, but it's thriving, so I'm happy with it.



8 comments:

  1. Hi Barb! Your photos look beautiful. Because Nicole and the background are all in grayscale, it looks like you photoshopped the photo and left only the plant in color. I don't know the name of the plant either, but the blue flowers look pretty.
    Here we have the opposite problem, I need plants that can thrive in hot environments and resist strong direct sunlight, as my balcony faces south.
    I wonder which doll did you get for Mother's Day! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like the effect of everything being monotone except for the plant. Nicole ended up being a great model for this shoot.

      The back of our condo faces south, and gets really hot and sunny in the summer. However, I don't like being back there because there's no shade, so there's no point in growing anything. There are already some lilies and small evergreens that were planted by the condo association.

      I want to put up pictures very soon!

      Delete
  2. Hi Barb. those flowers are really pretty. Makes me want to go out searching in my yard for tiny flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've seen some tiny yellow flowers that like to pop up in yards.

      Delete
    2. Hi grandmommy, I've tried to post comments a couple of times on your blog. Maybe the comment notifications are going to your spam? I hope you see this comment.

      Delete
  3. Thank you! I like the brick background, because it doesn't take away attention from the dolls, but it worked out especially well here. Mr. BTEG came home today, still needs to get some stuff taken care of, but he's more comfortable here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos Barb, she looks very pretty holding those tiny flowers. I thought they may be forget-me-nots, but I'm not totally sure. It's difficult to find nice shade plants, I have the same problem trying to find things to grow under my trees.
    Sorry to hear Mr. BTEG ha been unwell, I do hope he gets well soon.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These flowers do look a lot like forget-me-nots, but not quite, and forget-me-nots grow off of a different plant. At the house that I grew up in, our whole front and back yards were shaded with trees. Made it difficult to grow things, and also quite a chore at leaf-raking time! Thank you for your well-wishes for Mr. BTEG. He's home, but not entirely at 100% yet.

      Delete