Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Breakfast at Tiffany's

This past Sunday, I attended a Ladies' Luncheon with a friend who I have known since college. It was given by an Irish-American club on the east side of Cleveland, and my friend has attended several events there. The theme was Breakfast at Tiffany's. There were several gift "baskets" given away in a raffle, and I won one! The theme of my basket was Paint and Sip. Does your country have anything like this? Where I live in Ohio, there are one-night art classes hosted by local organizations, as well as small local businesses that offer you the chance to paint a ceramic item, or paint on canvas, or similar creative things. For adult only evenings, you can craft and also partake of alcohol, and these evenings are called Paint and Sips. I just found out there's a local business where you can get refreshments from a charcuterie board to jello shots at your Paint and Sip evening. This gift basket was a bunch of items for you to have your own Paint and Sip time.

Here's a picture of the table centerpiece, and me dressed in my best Breakfast at Tiffany's outfit.


And here are the items that I won. The paint brushes are awful quality, but I can still use them for something, I'm sure. Everything else is pretty nice, even if all the art items are from the $1.25 store.

The Paint, part one

The Paint, part two

The Sip

You might notice in the last picture that there is a gift card to a store called Meijer. It's like a Walmart, a giant store that offers groceries, housewares, clothes, and lot of items in between. Our local Meijer is actually bigger than our Walmart, but the Meijer closest to me is lacking in one distinct feature: the toy department. Still, I wanted to buy something doll related with my gift card, and I picked out a Calico Critters house.

I already have a couple of Critters animals, and my Cu-Poche dolls and mini Pullip will also like this house. The card didn't entirely cover the price of the house, but it paid for most of it.

To really make this doll-related, I'm going to share a couple of pictures of a Breakfast at Tiffany's outfit that I made for a 16" Gene doll, around 15 years ago. 


I sewed the dress, gloves and wrap, and Mr. BTEG helped with the bakery items. I made this for someone online who was looking for someone to sew the costume for her. She saw these photos first, before she officially bought the outfit. I saw many years later that she had it up for sale. I hope she got a lot of enjoyment out of it while she owned it.

I was going to post about my luncheon experience on Instagram, when I realized that Instagram won't let you post vertical photos, and they get cropped to the point where a lot of the stuff you wanted to show is cropped out. Ugh. I'd rather be able to share these pictures with you guys, anyway.

Has anyone else won a raffle? Was it something you wanted? This raffle was the kind where you could put as many tickets as you wanted towards winning a specific basket, so you would only win something that you were interested in. Have you ever attended at themed event?

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun affair Barb. No I have never attended or seen an event like this in Oz. However, I have won a few raffles in my time...bottles of wine and gift cards mostly. You look very lovely in your Breakfast at Tiffany's outfit and the prizes you won will all be useful I'm sure.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Xanadu. I did have more fun than I thought I would, although winning something didn't hurt! I will definitely use everything that I won. My daughter was eyeing the insulated cooler bag, so I'll have to keep an eye on her when she moves out! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Barb! I have never heard of a paint and sip event, I don't think we have those where I live. I also live in a rather small town that doesn't offer much to do, but maybe in larger cities these do exist. Those brushes look like the kind you use to apply paint when you're using stencils, by "stamping" the paint instead of "dragging" it. The event sounds like so much fun, and I like your Breakfast at Tiffany's outfit.

    I did win two giveaways here on the blogosphere. One was many years ago, from Phyllis. I did get what I wanted, as I got the Barbie hammock I've use for some outdoors photos. The other one was quite recently from Linda, and I got a Barbie fashion pack that I really wanted. But in the "real world" I have never won anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think everyone would have heard of a Paint and Sip. There have been stores around me for a long time that give you the chance to paint your own ceramic item. The store bakes it in a kiln, then you come back another day and pick it up. I've done that a couple of times with family. Now little businesses have picked up that idea and run with it. It's fun to make something without having to buy all the materials.

      You're probably right about the brushes, MC. I'm sure I'll be able to use them all in time, and the other art items will also come in handy. I remember you winning the hammock, I think, and also the fashion pack. Sometimes it's fun to get a surprise gift, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. There are no such lotteries in Poland. Sometimes I win something with someone on a blog or get a surprise gift. Congratulations on your super win and successful shopping. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Raffles in the US are a good way for groups to earn money, through people buying the raffle tickets.

      Delete
  4. Thank you! I borrowed the tiara from my daughter. She wore it one year with one of her dance costumes. It must have been fun to win something like the Nancy dresses, that are for rarer dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ivy once badgered me into buying a raffle ticket at a miniature show I was doing. I didn't want to because I said I never win anything. So of course I won! It was a case full of miniature making and dollhouse supplies. I said I only won because Ivy wanted to enter. When she was little she won a raffle at a doll show. My girls have always won stuff. Not me though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dollhouse stuff would be a fun raffle to win! It's interesting how winning things seems to work out. Buying a ticket to this luncheon got everyone 10 free raffle tickets, as well as the meal. I put most of my tickets into a couple of gift baskets that included baking and cooking items, for my daughter. I'm happy with this basket too, though. Mr. BTEG and I have won things before, but the only one that I can really remember is a bread maker, around when we first got married.

      Delete