Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Merry Christmas

I didn't intend to take December off; it just sort of... happened. Heading into winter is always an adjustment for me, just more so this year, I guess. Anyway, my family celebrates Christmas until January 6th, which some of you will know is Three Kings Day, or Epiphany. Therefore, I'm not at all late in sharing my Christmas gifts with you. :)

I received two dolls for Christmas this year. The first one is an Ever After High doll, Hat-tastic Cedar Wood, daughter of Pinocchio. I appreciate the time that Mr. BTEG and the Dancer put into finding a nice EAH doll from my list that wasn't super overpriced.


As was usual for the Ever After Dolls, at least until the last dolls produced, she has some nice accessories and fun details. The teapot and cups are because her character was at a tea party in this costume in the related animated series.


The next doll is one that I knew about ahead of time. I've been saying that I want more male dolls in my collection. I started watching a NRFB Tonner 16" Sean doll on eBay, and the seller promptly sent me an offer of $100 off. I asked Mr. BTEG if he would buy it for me for Christmas, and he agreed. So a little haggling later, Sean came home, and I got to open the box on Christmas Eve, when my family opens presents now. I've posed him with a Tonner Daphne.




 The last gift is merely doll-related, but also useful for all kinds of crafts.

It's a Cricut Maker, and I'm so happy to have it. Not only can the Maker cut out things like paper or fabric, it can also cut out slightly thicker materials like balsa or chipboard. I've been eying some Etsy listings that sell patterns you can use to cut doll-related things out on a Cricut Maker, so I'm looking forward to using them. It will take me a while to get up to speed on using this, and Mr. BTEG and I have to find somewhere to put it! Should be a lot of fun once I get the hang of it.

Merry Christmas to all of you, hope you got some doll goodies under your tree, and New Year's wishes for prosperity, health, and fun doll times for all of you.


 


11 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too! We also celebrate Christmas until the 6th, in fact, we receive most of our gifts on the 5th. You got some fantastic gifts this year! The first Ever After High dolls were so nice and detailed. In this line, they made a different tea set for each of the dolls, instead of using the same sculpt and painting them in different colors.

    I am very intrigued about the Cricut Maker. Just yesterday I was jokingly telling my partner that I should get some laser cutter for wood, so I could make my own Christmas ornaments. Looking at this, I'm thinking that this could be really useful to make my wainscots and miniature wooden letters. I'm hoping you will share with us what you do with it. I'm definitely interested in learning more about this Cricut thing. Who knows, maybe Santa will bring one for me next year.

    Wish you happy 2022, filled with dolls, health and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'm very thankful that we had a good Christmas. I will definitely be sharing what I do with the Cricut, but it might take me a while. I think it would be useful for things like your wainscots. The Cricut does not do laser cutting though; it uses a knife to cut things like chipboard. It also has a rotary cutter for fabric, and an ink cartridge. I plan on really getting to work on learning about the Maker after this weekend.

      Delete
    2. I second MonsterCrafts' request that you share your Cricut crafting on the blog. Not only do I want to see your finished creations, but I would also like to hear any Cricut crafting tips that you come across or end up formulating on your own while learning to use your machine. Electronic gadgets can seem intimidating sometimes, and I think your blog readers could benefit from your experiences.
      Signed, Treesa

      Delete
    3. Hi Treesa, I left you a comment on your blog!

      Delete
  2. It is too bad that EAH and Monster High aren't around anymore; I guess Rainbow High has taken the place of well thought-out dolls with lots of accessories, but I don't think they even have the kind of little details those two did.

    Cricut started out being mainly for people who scrapbooked to cut out cute little things, but the brand has really expanded the range of what kinds of things you can do with one of their machines. My machine came with a test project, and I will probably blog about the results of that first. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Barb! I love the Cedar Wood doll! EAH were so awesome in their detail!
    I keep thinking I want a Cricut but at the end of the day, I’m not even entirely sure what they DO. And all the promotional stuff just says they can do ANYTHING which I suspect if an exaggeration at best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas Rachael! I'm so glad that my family managed to find me a nice EAH doll. The box was smashed which lowered the price; I'm not going to complain!

      Cricut machines definitely can't do ANYTHING. Hopefully I will be able to do enough with it that you guys can see what it will do. You're the third person here in the comments that wants to learn more about it.

      Delete
  4. Gratulálunk az új ajándékokhoz! A babákat is szeretem, de a vágószerszámot is nagyon érdekli, hogy mit tud. Várom a kísérleteiteket. Boldog Új Évet Kívánok!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Köszönöm! Azon dolgozom, hogy helyet találjak a gépnek ezen a héten. Remélem, hogy péntekre tesztelni tudom. Töröl

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your new gifts! I like the dolls too, but the cutting tool is also very interested in what it knows. I look forward to your experiments. I wish you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm working on finding a place for the machine this week. I hope to be able to test it by Friday.

      Delete