Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Sunday, January 24, 2021

Bunny Update, and Tonner Marie/Clara

Some pictures of my Ann Estelle dolls are next on my to-do list, but that will take me at least a couple of days more. In the meantime, I know that some of you were interested in my daughter's two bunnies and if they were going to bond. Well, it's taken about eight months, but they seem to be pretty comfortable around each other now.

Tallahassee is much more comfortable dealing with Kip, but she has been around other bunnies. Kip had a weird past, and it still seems like he just doesn't know all of the ways a bunny "recognizes" another one as a friend. But they can be trusted to be around each other now, even if Tallahassee will always be the more outgoing bunny.

When I was talking about my Tonner 12" dolls, I mentioned my daughter's Nutcracker Marie doll. Said daughter has started making her bedroom more for an adult, instead of the child that she used to be. She's keeping her Wonder Woman and ballerina dolls, but she gave Marie to me.

I'm officially adding her to the My Collection list here.

Total dolls: 45


9 comments:

  1. Maybe you'll end up with the ballerinas too someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might, but the ballerina doll that she has is the Misty Copeland doll, and Alex really admired her; she even wrote a school paper about her. Ironically, Misty's autobiography was one of the reasons that Alex decided not to even look at pursuing any dance post high school. Misty wrote about she kept "subtly" being told to lose weight, and Alex thought it wouldn't be worth it to have to struggle so much with keeping her weight down.

      Delete
  2. Good to see the bunnies are finally getting along together Barb. Aren't you the lucky one, Marie's a very pretty doll, I've always been fond of the story and the Nutcracker is my favourite ballet.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, we're happy that our buns can be companions for each other. I am thankful that Alex decided to gift me with Marie.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to hear that the bunnies are getting along. As far as I'm concerned, that's not very easy to achieve. Marie is lovely, great that now you can add her to your collection.
    Hope you find the time to take some pics of Ann Estelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems that bunnies take a very long time to adjust to things. It took forever for Kip to enjoy getting his nose petted, and Tallahassee is just now letting Alex pet her nose too.

      I am happy about adding Marie to my collection! She even has shoes that fit her. :)

      I'm working on getting my Ann Estelles all posed nicely, and that will take some time, then there's editing the pictures. But it should only take a couple of days, hopefully.

      Delete
  4. We're happy that the bunnies can hang out together now. It also makes it easier on my daughter not to constantly have to keep their living areas separated. I wish that one of my daughters would have gotten into collecting dolls with me, but I have to admit that I like adding Marie to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those bunnies are just too cute! Very pretty doll, your daughter may ask for her back when she gets older, you never know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know; we adore those little cuties! My daughter may ask for the doll back, but she's just not into dolls like I am, so I kind of doubt that she will. (shrugs) Anyway, I'll still have her. :)

      Delete