Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

My Collection Part Eleven: Hallmark Christmas Barbies

One of Coffee and Dolls' posts reminded me that this is the perfect time of year to take pictures of my three Hallmark Christmas Barbie dolls for the My Collection series that I'm doing. Hallmark is a chain of stores in the United States that sells greeting cards, collectibles, and holiday ornaments. They have made Barbie themed Christmas ornaments in the past, and also some Barbie dolls dressed for holidays. All of the dolls that I have also came with, appropriately enough, holiday greeting cards, which you'll see as a group at the end. Every item that a doll is holding is from my own Christmas minis collection.

The first doll is the Holiday Memories Barbie doll from 1995. Her costume is based on a Christmas card, that was included with the doll. She also came with a Happy New Year 1910 card. Barbie's hat, cutaway coat, overskirt and narrow skirt are pretty close to a 1909-1910 style. Her hair is styled with rolls on either side, to approximate a 1910s hairstyle. The rubber band holding her hair disintegrated, so I had to re-band it. I had a hard time getting a good picture of the back of her hair, possibly because of all the blond reflecting in the light.



Yuletide Romance Barbie is from 1996. Her style era is a little bit more nebulous, 1890s, maybe. Unlike my other two dolls here who wear boots, Yuletide Romance only wears green pumps. She came with two Christmas cards.

Holiday Traditions Barbie is also from 1996. She wears an outdoor outfit, maybe suitable for ice skating or a sleigh ride. She came with one card, bearing a picture of two purple-y roses, to match her costume.


Here are all the cards that the dolls came with. I honestly don't know now where the two cards that fold over came from. The only cards I saw in pictures of the dolls for sale, that I looked at to remind me of their names and years, were all the flat ones. I have a Hallmark Valentine's Day Barbie, but I don't think I have any other Christmas dolls that would have come with cards.

I want to get a modern day doll-size living room with a tree set up before Christmas Day. We'll see how that goes!

Total dolls: 44

13 comments:

  1. The costumes are all lovely Barb, but my favourite is the first one, to me it looks more Christmassy. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you like them! The first doll seems to be the only one based on an actual Christmas card, so maybe that's why. The last doll doesn't look very Christmas-y, true.

      Delete
  2. I love the colour of the bluey greeny dress but I think I like the purple lady best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the purple doll too; her Mackie face paint is gorgeous, and I love her little heart-shaped pin, the ringlets, and that velvety hat!

      Delete
  3. I love these dolls. I have not seen them before. I echo Xanadu; my favorite is the first one. I love her face.

    I wonder if Hallmark will ever make dolls based on its TV shows. I am really hooked on the Hallmark Channel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you like them! Dolls for adult collectors don't seem to have a big market currently, but dolls based on the TV shows is an interesting idea.

      Delete
  4. I love them! My favourite has to be the first one, she has a look that I associate more with Christmas and her face is beautiful. The cards are lovely too, they must look great on a diorama. I wish Mattel put this much detail in the dolls they make nowadays. I did know about Hallmark cards, they're sold everywhere, and more recently I learned about their movie channel. I found it quite surprising that "the card brand" would have their own channel, but I guess it was a smart strategy since the whole brand is built around holidays and celebrations and their Christmas movies seem very popular.

    I'm looking forward to see the doll living room. Hope you'll manage to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that Mattel did a good job with the face on the first doll. I've hardly ever seen the Superstar mold look better. People do love the Hallmark channel (like Dorothy!) I didn't know that Hallmark was so well known outside of the US.

      Signs look pretty good for the doll living room. How detailed it will be is another story!

      Delete
  5. Oh how beautiful! Love them all, but Holiday Traditions is my favorite. Her rich gown looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love Holiday Traditions outfit, but all that velvet does tend to attract dust if I'm not careful. Worth it, though!

      Delete
  6. Thank you! Yep, that plum outfit has beautiful shades.

    ReplyDelete