Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Thursday, June 1, 2023

Rainbow High Emi Vanda

This doll was my Mother's Day gift from the Dancer. I don't have many pictures of her. The lighting was weird, and honestly I'm not quite feeling this doll. She needs a lip repaint (I hate lips lined in a different color from the lip color.) She also has some body stains from her black top, and a pink stain on her leg, which is a little more of a mystery. I like her eyes, and I like her hair, so maybe with new lips and re-dressed, she will really grow on me.

She stands quite well in those boots on a regular surface. On the cardboard this room box is made out of, it was a bit more of a chore. There are still some of those little stupid plastic ties on her top, but I didn't bother to cut them off, since I took this top off of her immediately after the pictures.

And her skirt hangs kind of funny because... there's a mistake where the yoke is stitched to the pleated skirt. In this picture, she's wearing a crop top that came with her second outfit.

Here she is wearing the crop top and skirt of her second outfit. She's barefoot, because her second pair of shoes is awkward to put on, so I just skipped it. The shoes came with socks, which is just weird, but there are several cases in Rainbow High dolls where high heels come with socks. Maybe it's the latest style for teens? I also notice many of the RH jackets have a slit or cut out area on the arms. I really like her second skirt. Maybe because it has a sort of 80s vibe?


Her other shoe has an R as the heel, of course.

She came with a short sleeved hoodie to wear over the crop top, and two hangers, which was a feature with newer dolls. I tried to put the hoodie on over her top, but, remember when you were a little girl and your mom was putting your coat on over a long sleeved top, and you held your sleeves down with your fingers so the sleeves didn't ride up? Yeah, only Emi can't hold her sleeves for me. And I knew she wasn't going to wear the outfit for long, since she needs to have her stains treated. I also have a poor Kurhn head on a Liv body that needs to have her time on this blog, who still has a stain that needs more treatment. Time to get out the Clearasil and get serious.

 

Total dolls: 86

I should add that Emi was one of the dolls on my wish list, so I did want her. I still like her; she just needs a little more work than the other Rainbow High dolls I have.



6 comments:

  1. Hello Barb! For what I've read from other collectors, series 3 of Rainbow High seemed to have some quality control issues. I totally understand really wanting a doll, but once you open her, you're not feeling her as much as you thought you would. Maybe you could hold her sleeves down using some eyebrow pluckers, and see if that way you can put the hoodie on.
    Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard the same things about Rainbow High series 3, but black fabric also just sometimes stains on dolls. I had a Tonner Sydney doll that had the same issue from some boots that she was wearing, a long time ago. I've seen some restyled pictures of Emi where she looks very attractive. I really want to try different looks with her once I fix up her issues. I will keep the tip about getting her top and hoodie on in mind.

      Delete
  2. She has a pretty face Barb, so don't discard her yet. Do the lip repaint and redress her a few times to see what suits her best and she may surprise you. :) I saw plenty of these in Singapore and was tempted so many times, but somehow I manage to resist them and settled for my two Momoko dolls instead.
    Hope you're doing well over there.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to keep her, Xanadu. :) I've seen other people's pictures of her redressed, and she looks great. I've never done a lip repaint, so I want to practice on a few practice heads that I have, but I think she will look so much better once that is done.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful doll! You can create interesting photos with her. I've also had situations where I opened a box with a doll and didn't like something. It can be disappointing. I am sure that you will be able to improve this doll, and it will always make you happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Inesa. I'm sure that I'll be happy with her look once I make all of the changes that I want.

      Delete