Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

My Collection Part Six: Sydney Chase by Tonner

I believe that Sydney Chase was the next doll released in the Tyler 16" doll line. Sydney was Tyler's friend, and head of a modeling agency. Collectors went crazy over her, perhaps because her face does have more character. I realized that all four of the Sydney dolls that I own are special editions.

I had a problem getting good photos of all the dolls together, maybe because they are so tall. In any case, you know now what the bodies look like, so please forgive the quality of these first photos.

Metro Glamour Sydney is the first doll, and she's in her own photo, because her skirt pretty much takes up the whole picture. I bought Metro Glamour nude, but the outfit she is wearing is a Tonner one. It's made up of a pink knit tube top, pink cardigan, enormous pink skirt over tulle, and pink beaded slip-ons.


I also own Calendar Girl Sydney, Ready to Wear Elegance Sydney, and Ready to Wear Rouge Sydney.

I think Calendar Girl is wearing undergarments from Tonner's Gone with the Wind Melanie doll. RTW Elegance is wearing a dress that I made. And RTW Rouge is wearing her own teddy, and some basic Tonner pumps.


Metro Glamour Sydney




Calendar Girl Sydney




RTW Elegance Sydney




RTW Rouge Sydney


I'm pretty sure these dolls are staying in my collection. I still like them, and Calendar Girl and RTW Elegance especially have a little bit more of an "approachable" look. I love Elegance's mane of curly red hair. I love how Rouge's black hair contrasts with her blue eyes.

Total dolls: 28

13 comments:

  1. Now these I haven't got Barb, but my friend Diane (the one who has school rooms full of dolls) has a friend who only ever collected these as she was named Sydney herself. I agree with you about Rouge, I like blue eyed dolls with black hair and there's not many with that combination. Strangely I'm quite drawn to the Metro Glamour girl, which is unusual for me, normally I go for redheads every time, but I'm pleased you are keeping them all. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them, Xanadu! I have to agree about Metro Glamour's look; even when my other 16" dolls had to be put away for space or to protect them, Metro Glamour was on display. She looks elegant, but not too stiff.

      Delete
  2. Those are some beautiful dolls. I love Metro Glamour's makeup and beautiful outfit, but my favourite has to be Rouge. I also like her teddy, it looks like a vintage glamurous swimsuit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you like them. Yes, I would say Rouge's costume does look very much like a swimsuit, but it's a nice soft satin, so more like a teddy. I thought she came with red heels as well, but I don't know where they are now. They weren't anything special anyway.

      I just had to have that pink outfit that Metro Glamour is in. It's one of the very few Tonner outfits that I cared enough to buy.

      Delete
  3. Oh Lordy, I hear you about trying to photograph tall dolls! You did a good job with these, though. The first one in pink is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's amazing that no matter how much lighting I tried to provide for my pictures, the dolls looked like they were standing in a tunnel. I'm glad that you liked how the pictures turned out in the end. As I told Xanadu, Metro Glamour has been my go-to display doll when I couldn't have a lot of them out at once. I also like Calendar Girl's sweeter face, though, which I guess is how we can end up with so many dolls in our collection!

      Delete
  4. I really like the doll in the pink outfit, she is really pretty and her outfit is nicely made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tonner doll outfits were always guaranteed to be nice quality. I love cardigans, and the giant pink skirt is just to die for. Glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  5. I have to agree with you about the Sydney doll face mold. I can't think of any mold that I like more, although a couple I feel rank the same, like Daphne, who is coming next. Thank you for your compliment on the dress! I feel like in the right clothes, each of these dolls will really shine, so I'm happy to be holding on to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for teaching me about these dolls. It's hard to select a favorite. I might have to go with Metro Glamour as she has a kind of pretty pouting look.

    I like the dress you made for RTW Elegance. Was it made for a special event?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Pretty pouting look" is a good way to describe Metro Glamour. :)

      I'm glad that you like the green dress! I was mainly testing out a sewing pattern, although with the green fabric and the shamrock lace on the sleeves, I was also aiming for my redhead to wear it on St. Patrick's Day, which I think she did for one year.

      Delete
  7. Sydney does have a more interesting face than Tyler. The one with the black hair is definitely the prettiest but I like the redhead too, and her dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Rachael! Yes, Sydney's face has more going on than Tyler's. I need to see what RTW Rouge would look like in something besides red, although that color really suits her.

    ReplyDelete