Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Sunday, March 17, 2019

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

At Ever After High, the O'Hair twins are giving a tea party for St. Patrick's Day, using a special tea set from their great-grandmother. Madeline Hatter was invited, since everyone has discovered that she'll crash any tea party that she's not invited to, anyway. However, she did bring a tray of delicious macaroons from her father's Haberdashery and Tea Shop. Jillian Beanstalk is the fourth guest.


If the leaves in the forest are green, can a shamrock ever be seen?
The teapot, four cups, shamrock shaped plate, and ten cookies, are a Megahouse set. It also came with a clear spoon and fork, with a shamrock at the top of the handle, and a basket to store the cups. The spoon is on the table in the pics above, although you may not be able to see it very well.
On eBay, I happened upon a duplicate set to this one, only the teapot and cups were white, and not clear.
There were also a couple of other different sets that Megahouse made with a clear/solid version.

In the Ever After High webisodes, Jillian does have some sort of British Isles accent, that sometimes sounds Irish, so we're going with her being Irish. In trying to find out exactly what her accent was, Mr. BTEG discovered that Jillian's voice actress is originally from Cleveland, though. :)

10 comments:

  1. I thought those shamrock lights were the cutest thing I would see all day, but the cups that make a shamrock are cuter!
    As for Jillian's accent, I haven't watched the webisodes (I'm terrible at watching things) but maybe she travelled a lot as a small child and got all the accents mixed together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the shamrock things! I love St. Patrick's Day. Maybe your theory about Jillian is correct. :) Seriously, in her introductory webisode, she has one line where she has a very Irish lilt, and then the rest of time, I can't quite place it.

      Delete
    2. I just watched Beanstalk Bravado and I wouldn't recommend trying to place her accent. It seems to be mostly Birmingham but keeps wandering into a bit of cockney, an Irish lilt, she even sounds Australian in bits. But given the green jacket with Celtic scrollwork, I'm going to assume she's supposed to be Irish!

      Delete
    3. Thanks very much for the info! I have a thing for languages and accents, so I'm glad to know that. Yeah, I assume she's supposed to be Irish too.

      Delete
  2. I love tea parties! What fun the ladies are having. I attended Afternoon Tea today at my favorite local tearoom. I had fun too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound fun. I don't even like tea, so I'd have to have hot chocolate.

      Delete
  3. Happy ST. Patrick's! We don't really celebrate this holiday in Spain, specially in my area, where the "Fallas" take all the attention. I love your tea party, the lights are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, St. Patrick's is more of an Irish religious holiday, but of course there are lots of people in Irish descent in America as well. At least Las Fallas is also related to a Catholic saint, right? I'm glad you like the lights; I love all the little kinds I can get here.

      Delete
  4. Completely missed it this year Barb! Too much happening here, but I must make mention of your WONDERFUL header ... so many red haired dolls! WOW!!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love red hair! I think I would have liked to have hair that had any red in it, but oh well. :) I'm glad that you like my red-headed girls.

      Delete