Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Plans for 2017

I looked over my New Year's dollie resolutions from 2016, to see how I did, and what I wanted to change or continue this year. Last year, I managed to post four times a month for the first half of the year. The second half of the year got really crazy, and there is still some chaos and stress at Casa BTEG, so I don't feel too awfully about meeting my posting goal for the whole year. I'm going to shoot for four posts a month again anyway. I like to keep this blog active.

I was planning to photograph my 10" Georgia doll, but she needed a wig, which I never bought. I also have a Patsy that I need to re-wig. I've never bought a doll wig before, and I keep second guessing which wigs would look best. There are also a *lot* of choices out there! I ought to make the wig thing a higher priority this year, so these dolls can be complete.

Of course, I wasn't sure last January that I would be buying much, and then I went crazy about Ever After High, as you'll see when I blog about one of my Christmas presents. It didn't hurt that most of the EAH dolls I bought were marked down, being older releases. I was thinking seriously about getting another Makie, but that didn't happen, after the company suddenly disappeared.
At least Meg has a lot of doll friends to play with.
Other than Ever After High dolls, I bought one curvy Barbie, one petite Barbie, two Star Darling dolls, and a discontinued LIV set that I bought mostly for the display window. Unless I fall in love with another doll line this year, my doll purchases will probably be down. However, I've also purchased some furniture, and a LOT of accessories like Re-Ment. That will probably continue in 2017.
I've found making time to sew doll clothes difficult. This is probably partially because of my depression issues, and partially because of a schedule which changes every day. I keep trying for big blocks of time to get sewing (or knitting) done; what I need is to do a little at time when I have the opportunity. For some reason, I don't feel motivated to go to my sewing table unless I can get a huge amount done at once. That's just holding me back.

I have a couple of construction projects that I want to begin, but we don't have space for me to take on a big project right now. Likewise, I've been trying to paint doll accessories in my sewing area, which involves a lot of moving things around. I'd like to set up a dedicated space for painting (which I will probably share with my husband and daughter, who paint gaming miniatures.) That crafting space won't be free until later in the year.

Lastly, I've been thinking about starting a running storyline here featuring my dolls! I have an idea that I'm trying to develop into a working plot; hopefully I'll get it started within the next month.


14 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!

    I'm looking forward to seeing your running storyline. Those are always fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best for the new year Barb! I was going to do a review of how well I did with my goals last year, but then as I started looking through what I did get...it scared me too much, I failed big time! As a result I decided not to ;-)

    I am not especially motivated to sew at the moment either, I wonder if it is this time of the year that also doesn't help.

    I look forward to your storyline, that sounds like fun.

    I just love your sweet Makie girl...sometimes one is best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have done a lot more sewing than I did, certainly! I'd like to stock my Etsy shop better, at least.

      I think the darker days and lots of rain/snow definitely contribute to lack of motivation.

      I agree that sometimes one is best. :) I was really getting intrigued, though, with designing new faces. I had a face saved on the Makie website, but of course it's gone now.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your plans. I'm especially interested in that doll story. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, IHime. I guess I'd better get working then, hadn't I? :)

      Delete
  4. Happy New year! That Liv playset is a great find! Be careful of Rement...they can be addictive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! I'm trying to really bargain hunt for the Re-Ment stuff. Hopefully that will keep me from spending too much money.

      Delete
  5. You've got a lot planned! Fingers crossed that it all works out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Muff! Hopefully I haven't bitten off more than I can chew.

      Delete
  6. Those sound like some great goals for the year and what a great way to enjoy the dolls you already own. Looking forward to your blog in the coming year. :) I loving seeing the LIV doll as I used to love Liv dolls! (Still do.) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like the LIV doll that I have. Her hair is very soft, and of course she poses well. Her outfit is a strange mix of patterns, though!

      Delete
  7. Yes! Run a storyline. I love stories with doll actors. I'm totally hooked.

    I have been eyeing that Liv Display window. I thought about it for the bridal salon, but then changed my mind. That window will look great. Please show what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That does it, I'm definitely going to have to get my first installment out this month!

    I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the window. It's a little low for your bridal salon, maybe? I'll have to at least make up a window display and post it.

    ReplyDelete