Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Friday, September 25, 2015

Meg Checks Out the Beach and Hangs Out at the Park

I decided to have Meg's first photo shot at a local beachfront park. It didn't go as well as I wanted. The water was very choppy yesterday and the tide was high, so there wasn't much actual beach, at least where I was at. But I think just doing it, even if it didn't turn out perfectly, was enough for me to plan a next time.

Meg is wearing Barbie capris (on her, they are just jeans) and a top that I made for her.
Meg spends some peaceful contemplation time before we head down.
The waves crash on the shore.

Driftwood is very common on the local beaches. Meg leans on a piece for support as a wave covers her feet.

The park is named Veteran's Memorial Park, and so there are several memorial plaques for those who came from this little town, and died in service to their country.

Meg found a good place to perch behind a 105 Howitzer cannon that sits in the park. This is probably an original shell painted over. She also lets her feet dry off.
Meg reads the names on a WWI Memorial. Some of those names can still be found in the community.
And my favorite shot of the day. Meg just looks so happy to be outside in this nice weather.
I liked being outside in the milder autumn weather too! Meg and I will be going out again.

12 comments:

  1. Great photo shoot! The location is very nice, and Meg looks happy :-). The top you made her looks lovely with her hair color and the jeans. I love the photo with the driftwood, Meg's hair is beautiful in the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you like the top. I'm thinking she might be very fun to sew for. I love the color of her hair, too!

      Delete
  2. Hi Barb, Meg is really lovely. I like outdoors pictures a lot, I don't have the courage to take my dolls outside and Meg photographs beautifully with natural light!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree; I think Meg looks fantastic outside. I'm really starting to see the lure of outdoor pictures.

      Delete
  3. Hello from Spain: I like to see the beach in your city. I love these images outside. She's lovely. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks like a natural at the travel doll role! Love the look of your local beach - and I'm looking forward to seeing more of Meg's adventures in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think Meg really will work out great as a travel doll.

      Delete
  5. Meg looks like she is having a good time. Such adorable photos of her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already thinking about the next place to take her. I'm glad you like the photos.

      Delete
  6. Very cute photo shoot. Meg sitting on the shell made my imagination run towards fantasy scenes of her holding the shell and flying high into the space:) She could make a tiny footprint on the moon:))
    Hugs!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a great imagination! I don't think Meg is ready to leave earth just yet.

      Delete