Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Saturday, October 5, 2019

October Instagram Challenge Day 5: Harvest

I decided that going to the local farm market might be a good place to take a picture with the theme of Harvest. I had my choice for pictures, but I decided to place Masha with the corn. She's one of my Madame Alexander Travel Friends dolls, who hails from Russia. I should have framed this pic better, but I didn't want to stand around too long.

You'll see another pic of Masha at the farm later on in the challenge, but for now, here are a couple of other pics that I took to show some of the other features that a pumpkin farm can include here in Ohio.

Here's a wagon pulling into its "station," which was a bunch of hay bales where people can sit and wait. There's very often a wagon of some kind to take people back to the pumpkin patch to pick their own pumpkin. They can be tractor-drawn or horse-drawn. Just for fun, I'm including a pic of the Dancer, when she came to this same pumpkin patch on a preschool field trip, sixteen years and ten days ago.
Here are some pictures of the corn maze. I got a picture of the entrance, and then played around with the panaroma feature on my phone camera to get a picture of the entire corn field. Apparently it does take a little bit of time to get through the maze.
I also grabbed some produce: apples, grape tomatoes, and mini pumpkins. I like the apples, the Dancer will like the tomatoes, and the mini pumpkins are for decoration. Do you have any special fall produce that you like?

2 comments:

  1. I love the photo of the maze. I want to do one but I am kind of afraid I will get lost (chuckle).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a group going in that joked about setting off flares if they got lost. I've done one, but I don't remember much about it. I suppose there's always the sun to navigate by. You should try one!

      Delete