Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Saturday, October 12, 2019

October Instagram Challenge Day 12: Haunted

"Oh, Barbie, I don't want to watch this movie. You know haunted dolls creep me out."

"There's no such thing as a haunted doll. I'm a doll collector, JT; none of my dolls are haunted."

"Well, at least you have most of them in your spare room, so I don't have to see them."

"They're all in my spare room."

"Well, what about that little one there on the table?"
"I didn't put a doll there."
It would be easier with these pictures, if I could do some sort of special effects, but since the picture has to be taken with your phone or your tablet, I find it sometimes limiting for this sort of thing. However, most of the people participating in this are not doing overly complicated pictures, so that helps me feel better. It's still good practice in photography and creativity. There is another doll Halloween challenge going, where the topics are more complex, and the photos have more props and action going on, but I wasn't prepared for that one, as I didn't see it until a day or so before October started. How do people on Flickr and Instagram find out about challenges? I suppose it's just following the right people.

4 comments:

  1. I really like this one. It made me laugh.
    Another way people hear about challenges (not so much doll ones just general photo ones) is often the same host will do the same challenge (hopefully with different prompts) every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you got a laugh out of it. I decided to go more for funny than scary.

      Delete
  2. LOL. Cute. I like how they look at each other in the last shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I figured I had to have one scene where they realize that the doll is there.

      Delete