Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

A Special, Not Doll-Related Find

But it is related to sewing, and I know some of you sew for your dolls. Also, finding something like this blew me away and I have to share. We had an older neighbor across the street from us who had to go into a home, and now some young male relative, grandson or great-nephew or something, is living there, with a couple of his friends. They're fine neighbors, not noisy or anything, and they're taking good care of the older neighbor's little dog she had to leave. But today, they put this out on the lawn for bulk trash pick-up.


They.Were.Going.To.Put.That.In.The.Trash. Of course, you can figure out that is our garage in the picture, because as soon as Mr. BTEG pointed it out to me, it was coming to our house. It needs some cleaning and I think Mr. BTEG said a new belt, but the wheel does turn the needle up and down, so it still works after a fashion. Didn't test the treadle with it, though. As you can see, the cabinet is in beautiful condition for its age. There were a few things in the drawers, including a bunch of feet that I need to check out. There were also a few wooden spools that are going to be used in some kind of doll craft.

Speaking of dolls, we still have a ways to go with re-arranging the house, but my photography table is very close to its final position, so I really want to take doll pictures again! I've missed being an active part of the doll blogging community, and there's doll things that I want to share as well. Hope things are going well for you all!


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the helpful link, Xanadu. It looks like mine was made in 1900 in Elizabethport, New Jersey. It's older than I thought it might be! Not sure it will make it upstairs to my workroom, as it is quite heavy, as I'm sure you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you saved it! Even if it doesn't work, it's a beautiful piece of art, and can be a great looking table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would definitely look fantastic just as a table, but Mr. BTEG is pretty handy with machines, so we're also hoping to get it working. It will probably be used mostly as a table, though.

      Delete
  3. Lucky you! I have one of these on my wish list, and I see them occasionally at auctions. But never free! One of these days.... Glad your hubby is handy enough to get it working again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! I've had one on my wish list too. Never thought my neighbors would just put one out.

    ReplyDelete