Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Monday, October 16, 2023

Dream Come True

This is something that I picked up at a garage sale this week. It's missing a few doors and windows, but replacement pieces are generally available, and it was a good price. I did not entirely realize how huge it is until I got it into my car, which fortunately has good cargo space in the back. Nothing is really going to happen with it until next year, as I want to spray paint it, and the weather has gotten too cold to do any painting outside, but I'm thrilled to have it. I always wanted the Barbie Dream House when I was a girl, but I never got it. It may sound funny, but coming down the steps and seeing it in the living room almost feels like Christmas morning.

8 comments:

  1. So pleased you found your dream house Barb, it's nice to see that dreams really can come true. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Xanadu. I'm glad to have this house at last, although I did think about what you said about empty space getting filled up quickly! :) Couldn't resist this when I've wanted it for so long, though.

      Delete
  2. I totally understand that Christmas feeling. I have that with my That Kid and Mrs. Beasley. As for the space, look at it this way: you can save space for doll storage by having them hang out in the house. Are you going to use furniture you have, or find vintage Barbie furniture? If you're using what you have, bam! More storage space saved by putting it in the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice that you understand. :) I'm going to use furniture that I already have, so you're right; I'm saving space!

      Delete
  3. That is wonderful find. I wish I could find sth like this here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could as well. These houses are from the 1970s and maybe early 1980s, so I doubt there were many if at all where you are.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful dollhouse! It's wonderful that your dream has come true. You'll be able to create so many interesting doll photos with this house. It's going to be a lot of fun 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really am looking forward to setting it up and posing dolls.

      Delete