Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Happy Halloween

My daughter wore this costume to work today. I made the dress and the headband for her, and as Rachael pointed out, I also made my daughter. :) I made this dress for her all the way back in 2013 for a homecoming dance. The theme was A Night at Gatsby's, and kids don't normally dress to the theme of a high school dance, but she and my elder daughter did, and they probably were more comfortable than the kids who wore fancy dresses. She wore this dress again her senior year when she helped out a friend who was going to film school, and acted in a short film her friend made that was set in the 1920s.

As far as doll stuff, I was sick last week, not terribly, but enough that I really didn't have much motivation. I know it wasn't Covid, because Mr. BTEG had the same thing, and he got tested, as he has some health issues that would make it more dangerous for him. I got an ear infection when I was almost done with the cold, so that didn't help. My last Tonner 16" post is on my plate within the next few days!


11 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better now.

    The dress looks adorable.

    I have been looking at doll videos on YouTube to get my fix since there aren't any dolls shows or events where I live right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling better, thank you. I'm glad that you like the dress. I don't have too many doll people on YouTube that I like to watch. I do like watching some crafting videos, even for 1/12 scale, as you can get some good tips there. I'd like to get posting more again here so people can get a doll fix. :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about your infection. I hope it's gone now!
    The dress is really great. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, my ear is back to normal, and I'm glad that you like the dress. It was super easy to make, but she's gotten multiple wears out of it, which is always satisfying.

      Delete
  3. So sorry to read you have been unwell Barb, I hope you are feeling much better today and up to taking more photos of your beautiful Tonner dolls. So pleased it wasn't Covid, it' terrible the way it's spreading over there. We are doing well down under with what they are calling double donut days . . . no new infections and no deaths. Take care and stay safe!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am feeling better; thank you, Xanadu. I have moved the three dolls I'm photographing to my craft area, but I need to get the heel of one boot mended. I should be able to do photography tomorrow, though.

    Covid isn't necessarily spreading that much; it depends on where you live. It's worse in the big cities. I hope you all continue to do well down under. :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I thought I had commented on this! Must've been in my head, lol.
    I love the dress. I also like the way the frilled fabric makes it obvious what it is without having to go nuts on details.
    I hope you're feeling better. Even if it's not covid, being sick is still unpleasant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling better, thank you. I have to get the humidifier in our bedroom set up now, so my throat isn't so sore when I wake up in the mornings. I'm glad that you love the dress! The dress does look flapper-ish because of the ruffles, but was easy to make, which can be a plus for me. :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Barb. Happy belated Halloween. Sorry to hear you've been sick recently, but glad to see that you feel better now. I really like you're daughter's dress, that's one of my favourite colors. It also looks comfortable, which is great specially if you're going to wear it to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad that you like the dress! It is indeed comfortable; she kept lounging in it even after she got home from work.

      Delete
  7. Thank you; I'm that you like the dress. :)

    ReplyDelete