Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Welcome to My Online Garage Sale! --Updated

I'm going to be putting up a "real" post, hopefully tonight, but in the meantime, I wanted to get up some more things for sale, especially since I found a Monster High doll at a garage sale today! It's a Cleo de Nile, with one top that doesn't really cover her fairly well, in case you don't want to scroll down.
_______________________________________________________________________________
I am finally starting this! I took some pictures today so I can start getting stuff online. Be warned, this is not a super fabulous sale! I'm putting up now (May 18th) a little less than half of what we have. However, since a lot of you bloggers that I read seem to enjoy picking up a deal or two at the thrift store, I thought I'd throw this stuff up here cheap and see if anyone finds a little gem inexpensively. I'm also up for trades

Just a few things: 1. Anything that is not labeled as being from my collection, or an actual garage sale, is from my daughters' toys. That means that very often these items were lying on a daughter's bedroom floor. We Have Cats. That means that anything that comes from my girls' toys was exposed to cat fur and dander. The cats are not allowed up where I keep my toys. :) Also, the "toy" dolls' hair will be a mess, matted, and often rather dry. However, it hasn't been hacked up, nor are there huge plugs missing.

2. If you see something you want, but want to see what else I put up before you buy it, I can put it on hold.

3. I think for the most part Paypal will be the easiest way to deal with payment. I would consider a check, but is it worth writing a check for such a small amount?

4. I will ship the cheapest way possible, or however you prefer. I have several small boxes saved up, and a huge wheel of bubble wrap, so I won't charge for handling or packaging or anything similar. I will only be charging exact shipping.

5. I'm going to be super lazy with my descriptions. I'm assuming that you have a general idea about the world of Barbie. I'm also generally going to put up just a picture of the face, unless there's marks on the doll or something else worth noting. If you want to see a doll's entire body, let me know.

6. I'm going to keep a bookmark either at the top or the side of my blog, so as I post more, this will still be findable.

7. All monies raised by the sale of the toys will go to my daughters. Or perhaps just my youngest, who is too young legally to work yet.

DOLLS

A blue-haired fairy. I'm also including a picture of her body, as her legs are permanently light blue with blue flowers. I didn't realize she had crud on her face until I looked at the picture! I'm going to wipe what I can off. I'm also including the one shoe of hers that we could find. Maybe you'll find the other at a thrift store someday, or you could use this one as a template to make her more? $1.00


Gabriella from High School Musical, aka Vanessa Hudgens. Will come wearing her red bathing suit. Gold paint on her earrings is wearing off. Her body is smaller and shorter than the Barbie body. She has flat feet. She has paint on her leg, and possibly some ink. $1.00



Sharpay from High School Musical, aka Ashley Tisdale. Will come nude. Gold paint is also coming off of her earrings. Has the same body as Gabriella. Has some glitter on her upper legs from her dress. $1.00


Gymnast Whitney, friend of Stacie. Joints aren't exactly loose, but the best word I can think of to describe this body is floppy. Kind of like a puppet, perhaps? $2.00


Gymnast Teresa. She has a crack on the seams of her upper right leg, front and back. $1.00





Cali Girl Teresa. Don't think this was the bathing suit she came in, but she rocks it. If you would like just the bathing suit or the doll, I'll split them up. Legs curve a bit strangely down by the ankles. $2.00



Monster High Cleo de Nile. Found her at a garage sale. She doesn't seem to smell like smoke or anything, and her hair seems intact. Comes in the "top" that she's wearing, which doesn't really cover much. Seems like it is an overblouse. $1.00


My Scene guy. Jointed elbows and knees. $2.50


My Scene Barbie. Jointed elbows, rubber click knees. Mark on right breast. $1.00


 CLOTHES

Fashion Fever jacket. One plastic snap at the top which is still intact. Ribbon belt is gone. One ribbon belt loop is intact, one is broke. $1.00



Esmerelda's dress from Hunchback of Notre Dame movie. One piece dress with attached shawl. Doll that wore this was not standard Barbie body. May have been like Gymnast Teresa's body, as the doll was jointed at elbows and knees. Tagged Disney. $2.00


Neon is back in style this year! I think this fits the Barbie belly button body. $1.00


My Scene boots, purple with blue laces. $2.00


My Scene purse, one solid molded plastic piece. Also throwing in matching boot. Again, maybe you'll come across the other one some day. Showing the purse next to Teresa for proportion. $2.00



My Scene high-heeled shoes $2.00


My Scene boots. For some reason, one of the boots has the number 7 drawn on it in ink or marker on the side sole. $1.00


Accessories and Furniture

2-liter bottle and bowl of pretzels. $1.50


Soda fountain. $1.00



Footstool. Probably could use repainted. I have Gabriella sitting on it to show size, although the picture is unfortunately at an odd angle. Her feet are not touching the table, although her legs aren't bent very far either. $2.00



Two starfish. Have included a Barbie hand in the picture for proportion. Will split these up. $1.00


Pink bathtub. Has slots on the side of the tub where something probably clipped in at some point. Has little "jets" in molded gray plastic on either side of the tub on the inside. You can see one by Barbie's right hand. $2.00


Treasure chest. Pink with a clear pink sparkly lid. 2 inches (5 cm)  high. $1.00




Plastic pinata. Has a little door that opens on the bottom so the loot can come out. Perfect for your Cinco de Mayo celebration next year. Pictured with older Stacie and Kelly dolls so you can get an idea of proportion. $1.50




Kelly size bumper car. From amusement park playset. Rolls. $1.00



Boomboxes. Smaller two $.25 each. Larger one $.50

 
 MY PERSONAL DOLLS AND ACCESSORIES

Spring in Tokyo doll comes as you see her, in suit with attached gold chain necklace. Her hair is pulled back into a hard gelled ponytail "bun." $5.00





I think this doll was a holiday Teresa. Her hair is rather static-y right now, but the twisted braids seem to be intact. $2.00


Fashion Avenue skirt and matching cloth purse. Front of skirt is wrinkled because I had my doll sitting down while wearing it. $1.00


Only Hearts Club shoes and tights. I bought the outfit and kept the other pieces. These have never been played with, never even been on a doll. $.50



This is all as of Thursday, May 22nd. I will update this with more items as soon as possible. Thank you for looking!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Barb! Great prices. You've got the thrift shop prices pat.

    The blue-eyed brunette doll wearing a white suit is Barbie Spring in Tokyo doll.

    The doll you describe as "Christie?" is a Teresa. I'm not sure which Teresa, but I recognize her face. Possibly one of the Cali Girl Teresas because of the pink/blond streak. I don't recognize the bathing suit; sometimes I don't "look" at the outfits ;-)

    Wish you luck with your sale.

    D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all the information, D7ana! I think Teresa is definitely a beach doll, because of that streak, but not sure if that is her original suit.

      Delete
    2. My pleasure, Barb! Cool finds and great prices. Good luck with your sales!

      I agree with you about that swimsuit not probably original to the doll.

      Delete
  2. Aww! I really want to buy something... but I have no credit card or anything. :'{

    ReplyDelete