Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Rainbow High Color & Create Fair Skin

This Color & Create doll was one of the ones that I received for Christmas. The idea behind this wave was that the doll owner can customize the outfit and hair with the included washable markers, wash the color out, and make a new design. In practice, I've heard that the marker doesn't complete wash out of the hair. There were three dolls in this wave, with three different skin tones and eye colors.

In keeping with the plain white of their attire and hair, the dolls don't have any makeup on. A lot of people liked this aesthetic. I do as well. Her hands are also plain, with no long nails or nail polish. You'll see the difference between this, and some of the other dolls, in upcoming reviews.

Here's how she looked in the box. The section where her hair is flattened out to show a rainbow design (plastic over the hair) is gelled stiff, so she definitely needs a hair wash. I decided to photograph her as she came, though.

Her jeans have real front pockets, and Rainbow High on one leg, in white. I wasn't planning on dying any of the clothes that she came with, but I may dye the jeans. The white pants are a little too see-through to me.



This is her second top, and the second pair of shoes. The white heels are pretty bland. The tennis shoes have detail on the front and back. I like her white scrunchie. I wish I had more of those.



In my opinion, she's a very pretty doll. She's a fun contrast from other Rainbow High dolls, and basic clothes are always useful if you're going for modern styles. A lot of collectors are having fun dying this wave of dolls' hair and clothes, although collectors having been changing hair colors with their other dolls who came with a hair color, and dying clothes too. I've been hesitant to dye anything on my dolls before because I've never dyed anything at all, so I don't have any experience. I'm afraid I would mess something up. Still, as I said, I think I will dye her jeans.

By the way, her name is now Cecilia. 

Total dolls: 87

12 comments:

  1. Hi Barb!
    I think your Cecilia is one of the prettiest RH dolls I've seen. I like the no makeup look, it's more natural and her hair is gorgeous.
    Have fun dying her pants, I think they will look lovely and break up all the white.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Rainbow High dolls generally do pack on the makeup, so this is a nice change. Once I dye the jeans, who knows what I will do next?

      Delete
    2. Hey Barb, Can you tell me what size wig would be needed for your Mattel My Child doll? I would have emailed you but lost your address.
      Thanks,
      X

      Delete
    3. Sure, Xanadu. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

      Delete
    4. Thanks, I don't have one myself or I would have measured the head. It's for an online friend. 😘

      Delete
    5. Sorry I'm a day late. I will be talking about that in my next post. Measuring around the edge of my My Child doll's rooted hair, I came up with around 32cm, or 12.5" I hope that is helpful to your friend. Let me know if you need anything else.

      I did try to email you, but maybe it didn't go through. I was at a thrift store (charity shop, op shop) a month or so ago, and found a Pullen pleater with needles and all, for $3.99!!!!

      Delete
    6. Thanks Barb, I've passed that info on.😘

      Delete
  2. What a sweet doll! She has such beautiful eyes. And her outfit is just lovely💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do like everything that she came with, which is a little unusual.

      Delete
  3. Hi Barb! I've been out of the doll loop for a while, and I had no idea these Color& Create dolls existed. I do agree that she is very pretty. If you find the shoes too bland, maybe you could paint them over with some multi-surface paint that sticks to plastic. I have never dyed anything myself either, so I would be very interested in seeing the process.
    Hope you've been doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to see you back! Painting over the shoes may be a good idea. I might just give them some details. Everything Rainbow High is all color coordinated, so some shoes that go with a lot of clothes may be useful. I will definitely update on the dye process.

      Delete