Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Friday, June 24, 2022

Along the Shore

This spring, Mr. BTEG and I began to search for beach glass during some of our trips to the lake shore. Some of the pieces of glass are so tiny, that my 12" dolls can have their own collection.

I wanted to have the glass in the sunlight, so that the light made the glass sparkle, but this also made my photo not turn out as well as I would have liked. I guess I'll just keep trying to improve.

Here are some other interesting pieces of glass that Mr. BTEG, the Dancer, and I have picked up.

You can tell the part of the bottle from whence these pieces of glass came.

Some of the pieces of glass still have letters on them. This was probably part of the words "One Quart."

This glass has gotten extremely cloudy with time. I'm thinking the S. was part of U.S. Not sure what the W could be.

I like cloudy pieces of glass as something different from the plain clear pieces.

Not sure what this is, maybe from a Pyrex bowl. I couldn't get a good shot of it, but whatever this was, it was genuine.

There are lots of pieces of pottery or tile that wash up onto shore. There are also lots and lots of shells, although not very many large ones, due to being fresh water.

I have several pieces of very pretty blue glass. The dark blue is one the rarest, if not the rarest color for a beachcomber to find. I find it interesting that there are so many shades of blue.

Do you have any fun plans for the summer with your dolls?

6/26 I'm adding a picture of an ornament that I bought, made from beach glass, driftwood, shells, and I think some pottery.



9 comments:

  1. When I was a kid I loved going to the beach to pick sea glass. I would get back home and show it around like it was something valuable. I like the tiny shells more than the large ones, as they will work better in doll-scale, at least for Barbie dolls.
    I do have summer plans with the dolls. We're going on a weekend trip later in July, and I'm taking a doll with me for photos. The town has a river nearby, so hopefully I will be able to take photos there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Around here, it is somewhat valuable, as people use it for things like ornaments, home decor items, and jewelry. I put up a picture of a Christmas ornament I bought several years ago. I also have a pair of earrings made from the dark blue beach glass.
      I hope that you get some good photos by the river, and have a pleasant trip. I'm not sure what we'll be doing this summer.

      Delete
  2. That's beautiful.
    You could make some fantastic mosaics with the things you find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just gorgeous! I love the teeny jar of beach glass for your Barbie. The ornament is cool, I would put that on my tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I think the jar will look great as dollhouse decor; maybe someday I will create a beach themed diorama. The ornament is prominently hung on our tree every year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This little jar is lovely. :) I didn't know that sea glass is used for ornaments and jewellery, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Living by the Great Lakes, lots of people like things beach or nautical related.

      Delete
  6. I sent some examples of Bleuette patterns, I used the email address from your Wordpress comment, hope that's okay. :) Linda

    ReplyDelete