Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Saturday, September 12, 2020

New Items

I'm interrupting my collection photos to show a few new things that I've picked up recently. Two of them are Mattel clothing packs, one from Amazon, and one from a Meijer store. The Amazon pack consists of a checked dress, a striped top, flowered shorts, a beaded hairband and a white bag. While I like the clothes, the waistband of the shorts is a little loose, and also tends to flip over. The legs of the shorts also hang a little bit strangely. But overall, the set is cute. One of my models for this outfit is a doll with the Model Muse body, which I picked up recently. I think she's getting a rebody, but I thought she would look cute here. Her left arm pose should look good, but her hand doesn't come close to touching her body, which doesn't make for a good pose, in my mind.

The next outfit I happened to see in store, and since I'm a Hello Kitty fan, I decided to pick it up, even though I'm not thrilled by all the accessories. The "watch" seems pointless. And I hate the way the glasses look.

However, if you like Hello Kitty, the top alone is adorable. The shorts are usable with other tops, and the hairband fits nicely. The purse with the stylized Hello Kitty, I could take or leave, and a fanny pack? Eh. The necklace also doesn't do much for me, but I've never been a fan of the big, statement necklaces Mattel has been releasing for several years.

I'm happy with these new clothing additions for my Barbie size dolls. Next time, I'll be sharing a new way I've come up with to store some of it. Do your dolls have a whole closet full of clothes, or just a few?

In the meantime, I know Xanadu has been looking for a new photoeditor, so I'd like to recommend one of the ones that I use, which is Paint.Net. It's free, and fairly easy to use for cropping and resizing photos, taking out red eye, and doing some other adjustments and effects.

9 comments:

  1. Nice clothing purchases Barb, I love the blue dress and I'm sure a little bit of nip and tuck by your hands will fix the shorts. Thanks for the link to the photo-editor I'll check it out.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I'll have to fix the shorts, Xanadu. They have an elastic waist all the way around, but if I, as you say, do a bit of nip and tuck in the back, it should look okay. I hope Paint.Net will work for you.

      Delete
  2. Oh, those are some cute fashion packs! I love the top from the first set, very versatile, but it's a pity that the pants don't fit well. The Hello Kitty one is cute, but I'm not really into those. From the licensed packs, I prefer the DC ones, since they look more realistic to me.

    For photo editing, I'm currently using Gimp, which is free to use, but also quite complex to learn. I will check out the one you suggested anyway, it's always a good idea to have a back up editor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the top pack will be versatile as well. Not only do I love Hello Kitty, but I love the over-the-top Japanese fashion styles, such as kawaii, so the the top looks fairly realistic to me. :) The outfit is like something you'd see in harajuku. I'm not into the DC stuff, although my daughter is a big fan of Wonder Woman.

      I'm trying to learn Gimp myself. Years ago, when I started blogging, Mr. BTEG introduced me to Paint.Net as an easy way to edit my photos, but I want to do more things now.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad that you like them! I want to sew more clothes for my dolls, but I also need to sew some adult sized things for me and my daughter, that should probably come first. I hope you can find some good clothes for your dolls, and I hope some people will find my storage solution helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Hello Kitty outfit is cute, but those glasses are possibly the ugliest glasses I've ever seen.
    I also like the shorts outfit. Partly because they're not sewn together like an annoying amount of Barbie stuff, so you could actually combine the pieces with other sets.
    I use Photoshop Elements, but I went to upgrade my version a few months ago and discovered you can't even buy it any more, instead you have to pay a monthly fee to use it! Which is absolute money grubbing nonsense. (Although I said a much worse word than nonsense)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, those glasses are never going on a doll again. So ugly! And the top and shorts will work with other things nicely, probably neutral colors.

      Photoshop in its entirety is just a giant cash grab. Fortunately, there are lots of options out there, especially if you're not looking to do top professional quality work. I just hope the Giant Baby and Tiny didn't pick up any new vocabulary. ;)

      Delete
  5. I like your new outfits. I always love to get new outfits for my dolls. I can never tell if I am happier or they are. Now that I think of it, they probably are because they don't have to pay for anything (laugh).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus dolls don't have to worry about gaining weight and not being able to wear the clothes. :)

      Delete