I spent a good bit of the early part of this year cleaning and organizing my doll/sewing area. While I'm thankful for the space I have, the number of dolls, and the amount of fabric, trims, etc. that I have make my storage space quite tight. I'm still working on that, but I had a strong urge to get back to sewing, too, so I'd like to show you a couple of things that I've made recently.
Melanie is wearing a purple gingham dress of homespun type fabric. I think the fabric really suits her. It looks a lot like something you might see a Momoko doll wearing. The next time I make the dress, I would like to get the bottom ruffle to hang better.
New pictures below the fold.
My mouse was giving me issues last night, so I'm posting these update pictures today instead of yesterday.
Here are a few pictures to help explain how I did the neckline on Melanie's dress. First, you need a strip of fabric cut on the bias. It should be cut on the bias to enable it to curve neatly around the neckline. Sew the front and back shoulder seams of the bodice together, then sew one edge of the strip to the neckline. As I tried to show in the picture below, the neckline can be manipulated so it is closer to a straight line than a curve, to make it easier to sew on a machine, if you're using one.