Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Sunday, August 23, 2026

Strongsville, Ohio Doll Show, August 16, 2026

As Tam has already posted, she and I were able to meet at a doll show last Sunday in Strongsville, Ohio. It wasn't very far from where I live. I got to meet her husband Ken, and also Tammy World. I didn't take nearly as many pictures as Tam did, but think I don't I stayed nearly as long either. My back was bothering me quite a bit, and I wasn't feeling up to standing at every table and doing a good scan. I did manage to pick up a few things all the same. Like Tam, I'll be showing them in a future post.

I was interested in getting this doll house doll as a "doll for my dolls." Her price tag was way higher than my budget for the day, though.


There were several Helen Kish dolls on this table. I thought they were for sale, but maybe they were all just clothing models. I remember when Helen Kish dolls were all the rage. Are handkerchief dresses still popular? I haven't seen any in a while. The little dresses and jackets are cute.


This Triki Miki case caught Tam's attention. I also got some feelings of nostalgia seeing these Lollipop Girls dolls. I remember when they first came out and I saw ads for the them in doll magazines. Yep, those things made of paper that you could buy in a brick and mortar store. I'm pretty sure that the blond in the bottom right corner is one of the newer Defa Lucy dolls. I've looked at them, but they haven't entirely captured my attention.


Seeing this doll all decked out in lace and sequins also took me back. This doll line was popular into the 1990s. Her designer's name was Rustie, which just matches the dolls aesthetic, in my mind. I love the little girl in the sleigh.


Sasha dolls are not my favorite, but I adore the dresses that these girls were wearing. I'm not familiar with most of these other dolls, but they're all cute.


I'm sorry to say that I have forgotten why Tam likes Lenci dolls. I like them because of Edith, the Lonely Doll. The young lady in the pink was an actual Lenci. The little one in the orange is apparently not. The Lenci doll has so much personality and I like her hair color.


As Tam has mentioned in her post, I had something to give her, and she had something for me: these two Rainbow High dolls. The Junior High one is so cute, and I think I will enjoy dyeing at least some of the clothes the Color and Create one comes with. What color hair would you give her if you dyed it?



I enjoyed being at this doll show very much. I can't make it to more distant cities right now, but I think the Strongsville one is twice a year? I should try to attend more often. And I wanted to share that although most of the attendees and table runners were in their 50s, 60s, or even 70s, the most sought after type of doll overall seemed to be Monster High, from the younger women there. I wanted to get a picture of a young woman in a black Lolita dress with a white cap, but she took off before I could get close enough to ask for permission. It's fun to see the greater doll community every once in a while.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these photos Barb, I haven't been to a doll show in ages, actually can't remember when... that's bad 😞
    I still have a couple of Helen Kish dolls.
    Not surprised about the ages of the attendees, seems youngsters (30-40) these days aren't as interested as we older "Nanna's" are.
    Thoroughly enjoyed this post.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Xanadu, I know what you mean; I need to go to more doll shows. I find it interesting that the younger folk are not as interested in things that we are/were, even though things like antique dolls were not contemporary to us either. Maybe it is an because of an overall explosion of content, of any kind. When I was a kid here in the US, we watched shows and cartoons from the 1930s-1960s on regular TV, for example. We were familiar with the same shows that our parents/grandparents were. Now there is so much more content to watch and different types of dolls to buy, among other things. Glad you enjoyed the post. Big hugs!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you like the dolls. I wanted to bring you something, but I have no idea where most of my loose dolls are right now. Are those the Lenci dolls you were talking about at the show? You asked me if I had seen them, and I said they were actually Nora Wellings dolls. Those aren't the ones I meant. I showed the Nora Wellings one in my post. I don't think I even saw the Lenci's you photographed. I like them because I think they're cute, and I like their clothes. I do love Edith the Lonely Doll too though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the Lenci doll and faux Lenci aren't the ones that I talked with you about at the show. I saw this pair almost right after I met up with you and Ken for the second time. It's amazing how much there is to miss if you aren't really going over each table slowly. Normally I would go through the venue twice, once to pick out things I really liked, and the second time to look again, see if I found anything else, and buy anything I decided on. This time I just did a fairly quick one-time run through. I saw lots of dolls in your photos that I don't remember seeing myself, so it was fun looking at your pictures.

      Delete
  3. A doll show?!! I've never gone to one before... well, now I guess I know what's the next thing I should add to my bucket list. Thanks for sharing, Barb! I love all the pictures. The Lollipop Girls look especially cute. I wasn't aware that was a doll line until now. 🍭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doll shows are fun, but one should set a budget beforehand! The Lollipop girls are from the 90s, but there are still some around. Going to a doll show is a great way to see new dolls, even if they are only new to you!

      Delete
  4. I don't think we have any doll shows in my country, but sometimes they do host baribie themed events and I'll probably go to the next one because a friend told me I can find barbie clothes there for my momokos.
    But an entire venue dedicated for all kind of dolls? now that's something else. Sound like a fun experience and I'm glad you got to have it with a friend.
    PS.: I've come from reddit, thanks for commenting there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Momokos are so pretty, but I already have a collection of J-Dolls by Groove, and they're too much alike. I love seeing all kinds of dolls, even if I wouldn't have them in my personal collection. Thank you for stopping by! I hope that you find lots of places for doll talk.

      Delete
  5. Such an interesting exhibition! So many dolls, and they are all so different. I have never attended events like this, but I felt like I was right there while reading your post and looking at the photos 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment! I like being able to share these events with other doll lovers.

      Delete