Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Sunday, March 7, 2021

My Collection Part Fourteen: Barbie Dolls

This is part two of the dolls that I bought from Rachael. There are seven dolls in this group, including some new face molds. Two of these dolls got new bodies, too.

Three of these dolls all have a headmold marked with 2000, which means they should all have the Kayla/Lea face. The girl with the green eyes has the Summer mold, from 2003. According to Katti, the dolls with this headmold have "blown up" looking heads, and I can't argue with this. I'm not sure how she'll fit in with the rest of my crew. What do you think?


We'll call this first doll Kayla. The direction her eyes are facing is unusual, and I don't own a lot of dolls with eyelashes. Her lips follow what I think was the unfortunate trend of outlining your lips in a different color than the lipstick.

For now this next doll can be Becca. Looking at her next to Summer, it looks like maroonish looking streaks were a thing for awhile? I think I vaguely remember my hair stylist sister-in-law having these colors in her hair at some point.

I wondered if Summer was originally a fairy from one of the Barbie movies, because of her slightly larger head and big eyes and open expression.

The last one can be Cara. She's got an interesting look, and odd hair. She's got the sideswept bangs, but then she's got a short piece on the right side of her head that really isn't part of the bangs. The braid on her left side also will make styling awkward, I think. It's hard to see the braid the way I pulled her hair back.

Of the next three, the first one has the Mackie face, which came along to save us from the monotony of the Superstar mold. I know a lot of people do like the Superstar face, but for me the Mackie face was a nice change of piece. The last two are marked 1998, and I think they both are Ana/Lara faces.

This girl's curls are in fairly good shape in the front, although there is "box hair" on the back of her head. She will need a boil perm at some point. Let's call her... Shirley. For now.

I think this doll should be named Chelsea. She has a husky voice and plays the guitar, and is a little Boho.

And for the very last, is this girl with the thick blond mane. Her eyeshadow really does not stand out as much as it seems to in this picture. This photo really does not flatter her.We'll call her Ana, since we haven't used that name yet.

 

The late 1990s/early 2000s era was really a golden one for Barbie collectors. We started getting new face molds, great outfits, and even some nice furniture. I'm glad that Rachael gave me the chance to own these dolls.

Total dolls: 66

And I don't know if you looked at all what these dolls were sitting on, but it is a pallet sofa, made out of six pallets that Mr. BTEG printed for me on his 3D printer. The couch needs cushions, but it was a great size to use for these pictures.



12 comments:

  1. Cute dolls, love the one looking off to the left! Very cool pallet sofa too-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The doll looking to the left might be hard to use in dioramas but I do like her uniqueness. I think the sofa will be very versatile piece.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that you get the same vibes from Chelsea that I do. I think the sofa will be great for doll posing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute dolls. Cara is my favorite. My hair does weird things like that also.

    I love the sofa. I have never seen one of those machines in person. I bet you can make all kinds of doll furniture with one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's amazing what you can make with a 3D printer. Mr. BTEG actually has a sample doll-sized chair on his desk this morning, that he made with this 3D printer for me. I don't think this first print turned out well, but sometimes that happens.

      Delete
  4. That's a wonderful collection! I think the doll you named Chelsea is Drew from the Fashion Fever line, a gorgeous doll if you ask me. I also consider that lip trend unfortunate, as well as those clear rubbery bra straps that weren't really clear. I asume the maroonish highlights were a trend around that time, because I had Hollwood Nails Teresa and she had black hair with a maroon fringe and bangs.

    I love the couch, such a great addition to your doll house. The biggest perk to me is that you can completely change the look of it by just changing the color of the cushions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Chelsea is actually Drew, but I wasn't sure I wanted the name for her, and I also have another Drew in my collection, because I do like Drew as well. I guess it's interesting to see different hair and makeup trends, in addition to fashion trends, with Barbies. I think I can repaint Kayla's lip color, after some practice.

      That's true about changing the look of the sofa; I hadn't really thought that far ahead. :) Even when you paint plastic furniture, you don't want to repaint it over and over.

      Delete
  5. Monstercrafts is right,Chelsea is the Fashion Fever Drew that had the red t-shirt and denim skirt. She was one of my favourites.
    This Summer is Courtney from The Barbie Diaries, I had Barbie, Raquelle and Courtney and they were never allowed to play with the other Barbies because they looked weird and cartoony beside fashion fevers.
    And the eyelash girl is from the Fashion Fever Makeup chic series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drew was a very popular character from Fashion Fever, which is not surprising. I'm glad to know where Summer and Kayla came from. I'm laughing about the Barbie Diaries dolls not being allowed to "play" with the other dolls. XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Barb,
    I just saw the comment you left on Pixie Dust Dolls Valentine's photo story, but apparently comments were closed on that post by the moderator. I just wanted to let you know that if it's a murder investigation you want, blogger Jeanie is currently doing a murder mystery story line on her Adventures In Barbieville blog. If you're not familiar with the blog, be sure to check out the blog's Census Page first to get a rundown on all the characters. Jeanie's story lines frequently reference serious issues drawn from current events, like racism or the current pandemic, but in a 'non-graphic' way.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the information! I don't really want to see anything about current events, though.

      Delete
    2. It's not so much about current events as it is mentioning them in passing, probably to make the world the characters inhabit seem more real and relevant. But I can understand why not everyone wants realism in their doll universes. Dolls allow people to write tales set in fantastical realms where anything is possible, and that appeals to a lot of people, myself included. I really enjoyed what you wrote so far in your own fantasy photo story featuring the Ever After High dolls. But I also enjoy exploring different people's 'takes' on the idea of telling stories with dolls.
      Anyway, enjoy your week.
      Signed, Treesa

      Delete