Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Second Doll and More Light Stand Photos

The previous spa doll was all about pampering. This Barbie is a fitness doll. She has bendable elbows, wrists and knees. I think she has the Bambi face mold, and different looks from the spa girl.
She comes with her outfit, two pink weights, two purple weights, a water bottle, a gym bag, a hoop, and the exercise mat. I'm not quite sure why the hoop was included. I know they're used for gymnastics, but gymnastics doesn't seem to be the theme here. The blue mat is just a thin piece of foam. It scratches easily and attracts little pieces of hair and dust like crazy. It came rolled up in a plastic clip, so it will take some time for it to lie flat. Fortunately, foam sheets are fairly inexpensive at the craft store, so the mat is super replaceable, or you can acquire more mats if you want to start a Barbie exercise class. :)

It's cute that the puppy is joining Barbie in her workout routine.
The gym bag is made of thin plastic. If you push the two sides together at the top, the bag opens up enough that you can put the weights and water bottle in.
The shoes have nice detail.
I think this doll is very pretty for a playline doll. She has at least two color tones in her red hair, and eyes of a nice shade of gray.
And now some more shots of the new light stand that I bought. It stands on a fairly sturdy tripod, and it has two places where the post can be extended or reduced to make the light taller or shorter. I haven't checked how high the light will go, but well over six feet, so I think it will be fine for all of my photography needs.

The actual light source consists of a curly lightbulb inside of a rectangular umbrella type frame. Then there is a white piece of diffuser fabric that attaches to the frame with Velcro. The frame measures 20"x27" (50.8cm x 68.58cm.) Neither Mr. BTEG nor I could find a way to turn the rectangle so the long side was at the bottom. I have to take care when I rotate the frame up or down, to make sure the frame's weight stays balanced.

This light stand wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be, so I'm glad I invested in something a little bit better to help my photography.

11 comments:

  1. I like fitness Barbie and the dog is adorable.

    Thanks for sharing information about the light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Mattel has been using the puppy in a lot of things recently; he's cute.

      Delete
  2. I gather the globe is a simple white light or day light globe? It looks similar to the lights I have already Barb, but your tripod looks like it could be a great asset to have. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the bulb is pretty basic. It's the reflecting frame and diffuser that make this better for photography. That can give me a large patch of light with no shadows.

      Delete
  3. I think Mattel did make this doll pretty cute, for a playline doll. Puppy is going to have to figure out a way to exercise his back legs too! :)

    Yeah, this tripod setup is pretty standard, but it should help solve some of the photography issues that I have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her hair is a great colour. Hula hoops are very in right now for things like pilates. And the yoga mat trying to roll up, kind of actually makes it more realistic.
    I really like your light set up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to have a little more effort with the hair. I figured hoops were in right now for something. I didn't know pilates was still popular though. The yoga mat rolling up might be okay if Barbie had enough weight to keep the mat flat. I'm glad that you like my new light!

      Delete
  5. Isn't this the Neysa/Bambi mold? I'm not sure. Thanks for sharing more about the equipment you are using. It is really interesting. Looks quit simple, yet useful. Happy photographing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, of course, about the mold. I realized it wasn't the Millie mold and I was hoping someone would give me the correct name, so thank you! Simple, yet useful, is how I like a lot of my photography equipment. :) I have so many other hobbies to pursue that my photography needs to be quick and easy.

      Delete
  6. I also call that sculpt "Bambi", but some people call it "New Teresa". I'm not a fan of that sculpt, I prefer the one they were using previously (the one on the Style Luxe dolls).

    The doll overall is cute, I like the concept and the accesories, but I wonder why Mattel didn't use the Made to Move body on a sports themed doll and use this body on a doll with a different theme.

    That light stand looks great. If you struggle with lightning, you'll probably notice a difference. Once you get used to it I'm sure you'll really enjoy. Just make sure to share the photos with us.

    Hope you and your family are doing well and stay safe from the virus. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not much of a fan of the New Teresa mold, but I like what they did here. The two-toned hair and gray eyes are something different, especially for playsets.

      The only reason that I can think of not to use the Made to Move body is cost. I noticed that the new Olympic gymnast doll in stores does not use the Made to Move body either. I wouldn't think a few extra joints would cost much more, but apparently it does??

      I think using the light stand is going to be a big help. Right now, I'm in a cleaning/organizing mood, but I'll probably get back taking pictures soon.

      We are all doing well here, thank you. Hope you and your husband are making progress setting up your new home.

      Delete