Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Friday, June 21, 2019

Welcome to My Crib

I've been talking for a while about showing pictures of the craft/hobby area that I share with my husband and my youngest daughter, the Dancer, who still lives at home. I took advantage of the sunny day we had today, and the fact that my part of the room is about as organized as it might ever be, to finally get some shots.

The Dancer does not really have much set up in her area yet, but she just got her own table not that long ago. She previously had a little space kind of carved out of her father's table and mine, which used to be back to back. She paints gaming miniatures, as does her father, but she is also interested in cross-stitching. I hope to find more hobbies for her to pursue. :)
There is just enough room to get to the right side of the closet doors. The Dancer hangs a lot of her clothes up in here, since there is no closet where her bedroom is. On the left side of this closet, that is blocked by her table, hang all of her dance recital costumes. I just went through old photos and figured it out; she has 20 costumes from 5 recitals.
The white wire shelving unit is mine. The white three drawer unit on top has most of my scrapbook paper. There's a small tool box, and then the rest is doll clothes, doll accessories, and doll furniture that I need to either find a home for, or sand, paint and find a home for.
I couldn't get a good shot of my entire craft table, where you could see everything on it well. So here's the left side. Mr. BTEG splurged on a compressed wood table for me, that doesn't make my dolls' hair all static-y, among other benefits.
Here's the right side of my table. I've got a lot going on right now, and a few things that need put away. Some of the stuff you see on the table will be in future posts. The black drawer unit on wheels, that has the paper towels and other assorted things on it, is also mine. This used to be strictly for sewing, until I decided I needed it more for storing doll things. The two top drawers still have ribbon for trims in them.
Here's a picture taken a bit back, so that you can get an idea of what the whole table space looks like. The camper will probably be going to the doll display area in my bedroom, once it gets its redo. The blue box underneath the camper holds most of the dolls that I use for dioramas. They're all standing up in there.
Directly behind my table, is my tall shelving unit. Among the many things on these shelves are my Ever After High playset cases, doll furniture and accessories, craft supplies, and crafting books. The blue photo boxes hold Kelly, her friends and baby dolls, old style Stacie and friends dolls, and old style Skipper and friends dolls. Since I don't take out these dolls as often, I decided it was better to store them in an acid-free, cardboard box. A couple of the plastic storage boxes I had for these dolls got too plastic-y inside, if you know what I'm talking about. The door to the left of my shelf leads to the second bath on the second floor. It's the Dancer's bathroom, now that her sister has left home. There's another door from the bathroom going out to the hall, just outside the main craft room door, which is to the right of these shelves.
Here's Mr. BTEG's table. It sits at a right angle to mine; some of it was visible in the pictures of my table.
There's a portable heater under the table, which we'll need in the winter. This room sits over the garage, so the floor isn't as well insulated, plus the ceilings slant up to a high point, the room faces north, and the window is very large. You'll see the window at the end.

Mr. BTEG also has a shelf like mine. He does more than print 3D items and do miniature and 3D item painting. He keeps supplies for his multiple Arduino and Raspberry Pi computers here. He occasionally does soldering on electronics here. And there are a lot of tools.
And in the opposite corner on this wall, sits his 3D printer set-up. The large plastic boxes store rolls of filament that he uses to print.
Lastly, here's a complete view of the front window, which is front of my table. The curtains are somewhat insulative, so they'll mostly be closed when winter comes along. The top arch, however, would be very expensive to cover, because of its size. I've never found a really practical way to do it. Yep, the curtain rod sags. The curtains would be better on the type of rod that gets drilled into the wall on either side, but that kind of rod just hasn't happened.
I hope you enjoyed this look around our shared little area where the BTEG family pursues our individual interests. It's a boost to my productivity to have an area completely devoted to crafting and photography. I know Rachael is working on a craft room for herself, and Xanadu has a pretty organized space. What does everyone else do?

10 comments:

  1. Ooo! I'm jealous now! We rearranged the room where all my craft stuff is stored the other day, and now I can't even get to it!
    I like that you pointed out you've got cardboard boxes for dolls. That's important and I had totally forgotten about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get access to your craft stuff again soon! Part of the reason it's taken so long to get stuff set up in this room, is that we have to shuffle stuff around, because of lack of space.

      I'm glad that I could help, with the doll storage. Photo boxes are so cheap, and such a convenient size for the smaller dolls, too.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, I’m so jealous of your hobby room! What a great workspace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm feeling more and more comfortable working in there.

      Delete
  3. I've wanted to do show my doll/craftoom for a while, but it's always so messy that I haven't done it yet. However, since I will be moving at some point, I will have a chance to start a new doll room and keep it tidy.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, you'll have a lot of space for a doll room when you move.

      Delete
  4. Your craft room looks awesome! I'm so jealous! We've been remodeling mine for over a year now. I still have access to my craft supplies (thankfully), but my current workspace is the living room rug.

    I love those rolling drawer units too. I have one similar to yours and use it to hold ribbon, felt, and paint brushes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any crafts that I did on our living room rug would end up having cat fur everywhere. :) I hope you can get your remodeling done soon.

      Delete
  5. I love seeing doll and craft rooms. Gives me ideas for when I am able to have one myself. Not enough room to display or to set up craft areas where I am now. Shrug. Next apartment though ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're someplace in your life where you can get some more space soon. You're right that it's always useful to see what other people do for storage and display.

      Delete