Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Petite Barbie Head on AliExpress Body

You've already seen my Princess of Japan, Hoshiko, using the new AliExpress body I bought for her. Today we're going to look at Eveleen, or Evie, who was originally on a Petite body.

Here is Evie on her new body, between her previous body, and another Petite body which has retained its head, at least for now.
Evie has a molded clavicle, a twist waist, and articulation at neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees and ankles. Although her ankles have a lot of movement, they generally don't resemble anything like a realistic position unless they are in the "high-heels" pose. She can also kneel, and she can actually touch her face, but can't hold the pose without human help. Hoshiko demonstrates how close her hand can get to her face without being held there.






For a final comparison pick, here's Teen Skipper, Evie on her AliExpress body, current Skipper body, and Petite body.
I'm not sure how much I like Evie's head on this body, but I wasn't particularly fond of her head on on the Petite body either. She is kind of growing on me the way she is. The only thing I don't like about her body in general, is the fact that it's really hard to stand her upright without shoes. When she's barefoot, her heels tend to want to slide down. That's mainly an issue for comparison pics like the ones above, which is why my models are all lying flat.

As with Hoshiko, whether this body ends up going to another doll or not, it's still a great option to have if you're trying to move beyond static bodies, especially the newer ones that can't even bend their knees anymore. I have a couple more new bodies that I'm trying out, but I'm going to try to put up some different things before we look at those. I have some ideas for Halloween, too!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! The feet are my biggest issue with that body, but it is good to know about - I agree that bending knees and pose-able arms is a huge improvement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not happy with these feet either. But at least in Hoshiko's case, her body wasn't very usable because of the discoloration to her legs. I'm trying to find different bodies for the Petite dolls because while having different heights might be a good thing, I feel that Evie especially looked kind of "dumpy" next to other dolls because of her shortness. Then again, I feel the same way about my 5'3" self. XD I'm also tired of having some dolls sit on the floor for photos because they don't even have bending knees. I'm definitely going to be trying out different rebody options, but this one isn't bad, especially for under $10.00.

      Delete
  2. That new body is a really good colour match for that head.
    I've always preferred non-bending legs to the old school, rubbery, sticky, diseased, click legs, but jointed legs like these are even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Evie's head goes pretty well tone-wise with the current body.

    I know a lot of people have had problems with the click legs, but in general, I haven't. Princess of Japan's legs both yellowed, but I've also had at least one Barbie where her hard plastic bust became discolored too. Straight legs might not get sticky, but it's hard to pose a doll with so little articulation, and I'm finding myself enjoying putting dolls into "scenes."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder.. could you cut down the feet on the AliExpress body and then transplant the flat feet from her original body? It'd take some expoxy and paint, but then you'd potentially have a better-looking foot while still having the ankle joint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. You are a lot more ambitious than I am! That would cut out the annoying ankle, but I don't think I'd be able to keep the joint, judging by how the current feet are attached. I don't know that I'd ever have the guts to tackle that project.

      Delete