Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Saturday, May 20, 2017

J-Doll Wigs, Outfit and Shoes

I let myself get way too far behind in blogging, and then when I finally went to put up a new post on Thursday, I discovered that our home internet was down. Time to get back into the blogging groove!

Back in October of 2013, I purchased my first J-Doll, Unter den Linden, whom I named Lindsay. She's a beautiful doll, but her long, blond haired wig was rather dry. Now that there aren't as many dolls out there that I want to buy, I have been spending more money on clothes and accessories. I saw a couple of relatively inexpensive wigs in J-Doll size and decided to take the plunge to replace Lindsay's original wig. I bought two, one a short cut with auburn hair, and one of long dark-blond hair with bangs. Which one do you like better on Lindsay?





I also purchased a knit tank top and tiered skirt from the same Etsy seller from whom I bought the wigs, a place called LazyDaisyWorkshop. I asked Lindsay to model this for me as well. I think the outfit goes nicely with her new long-haired wig.


Lastly, I've been buying a lot of Re-Ment lately! I decided to take a gamble and buy a set from the Little Twin Stars bedroom series and see if the shoes fit my J-Dolls. And they do! They take a little bit of easing on, but that just means they stay on well. Also, keep in mind that Little Twin Stars had a pink and blue theme, pink for the girl star and blue for the boy star. Therefore, each original set had one shoe in pink and one shoe in blue. Once I determined that the shoes from this set fit, I bought another set so I would have two shoes in each color.


If you want to think about getting these for your J-Doll or Pullip, the dolls modeling these shoes have the type four body. I also tried a shoe on my J-Doll with the type three body, and it did fit her as well.
Lastly, a full length picture of two of my J-Dolls wearing the shoes. The brunette with the braids is wearing a Shibajuku Girls dress that I reviewed here. If you remember from my review, the interfacing of this dress kept rolling up so that it showed at the top of the neckline. I've since tacked that down by hand underneath the collar, and it has also made the collar lay flat. The blond on the left is wearing a dress from Robert Tonner's Only Hearts club line, and it is extremely versatile, as it will also fit Mattel's Stacie, and Hannah at Never Grow Up has put this dress on an Ever After High doll as well.
I'm finding that I really enjoy picking up all these new things for my dolls!


20 comments:

  1. As much as I love red hair I think I like the other one better. It has bangs and I like those. The color compliments that cute little mori outfit too. How do your doll's handle? I've heard that some of these J-Dolls can be fragile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the one with the bangs better as well, but the short one is different from my usual style, so I decided to try it.

      My J-Dolls are not too bad to handle. Some of my dolls have hands that come out fairly easily, but they slide back in easily too. My doll with the number three body, though, is currently wearing some Momoko boots that are pretty tight, and I had a bit of difficulty slipping off a boot so she could try on the pink shoe. Her leg came apart at the knee, with a little bit of loose flash falling off. Also, that little peg at her ankle started coming out, just a little bit. The leg did go back in okay, and I was able to push that little peg back in to where you see it now. And in fairness, that was trying to wrestle something off of her foot. Generally, I haven't had any problems.

      Delete
  2. I definitely prefer the short haired wig. The bangs look funny on the long one. I'll have to keep an eye on the Shibajuku outfits for a sale now.Great that you found shoes for these girls. They're a tough fit. Some of the Only Hearts Club (the old ones)shoes fit too,but I think they need socks with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why am I not surprised that you like the auburn hair? :) J-Dolls are definitely hard to find shoes for. I did try an Only Hearts Club pair on my J-Dolls at one point, but the socks were definitely needed. If you find any High School Musical dolls or Mary Kate & Ashley dolls in your Goodwill hauls, the shoes for those dolls fit J-Dolls too.

      Delete
    2. Oh. Ok. This reply! In that case the current Skipper shoes would fit too. I think that's the same body as the smaller High School Musical dolls. I'm not sure I'd recognize Mary Kate and Ashley shoes,but some of those were that Skipper body too, weren't they?

      Delete
    3. Probably? I know HSM and Mary Kate and Ashley shared bodies, but I don't know what if any Skippers did. I think some of older Skippers' flats fit J-Dolls, but they're kinda boring. :) I don't have any current Skippers, so I don't know about the shoes.

      Delete
  3. I like the colour of the auburn wig. The blonde one looks a little straggley (if that's even a word) but I think it suits her more. Makes her look whimsical and curious.
    Those shoes are too cute for words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blond-haired wig *is* a little thinner than I would like, but at least I didn't pay a lot for it. I agree that it still manages to suit her face.

      I love Mary Jane shoes; I was so happy that these fit.



      Delete
  4. I like both wigs on your doll although I think I have a slight preference for the short one. However, I think the long wig really suits the outfit better. It's interesting reading of your experience with J dolls as I have also heard that they can be fragile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that they can be fragile too, and also Momoko dolls. I'm glad that I haven't had any bad experiences myself. I was a little bit worried when I saw the ankle peg was starting to come out, but again, that was just pulling off really tight boots. I love the boots so much though!

      Delete
  5. They are nice but I like the blunt cut the best. The knit sweater outfit is so unique. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I may try the blunt cut wig on another doll at some point, or Lindsay may just switch out wigs depending on what she wears.

      Delete
  6. I'm going with the short hair, which interestingly enough makes a her seem a few years older than she looks with the longer hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's the bangs that make her seem younger. I'm glad that both wigs work for her, just in different ways.

      Delete
  7. I like the second wig better, but I would have preferred the fringe longer and fuller. Her outfit is perfect though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would have preferred all the hair a little fuller, but at least it is very soft. Glad you like the outfit!

      Delete
  8. I really love that skirt on her! :)

    I like both wigs, but the second one looks a little more wig like to me, while the first seems more like a hairstyle (at least in so far as that's possible on a doll!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a little disappointed at how thin the blond wig is, but I didn't pay very much for it, so there's that. The red wig not only looks fuller, but it does look like somebody styled it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The long wig makes Lindsay look really sweet but still I like the short one too. I'm curious how the long wig would be with two braids. In case the braids would come out too mousey you could incorporate pieces of ribbon.
    I didn't even know there are Re-Ment shoes. They are very nice and so are the new clothes.
    Hugs!:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There are a handful of Re-Ment sets that have shoes included. The Little Twin stars sets I bought came with one pink shoe, one blue shoe, a Little Twin Stars purse in the shape of a star with a little star-shaped tag, and a very tiny stool in the shape of a star. For me, the shoes were the best part of the set!

      Delete