Dolls and Doll-related Items for Sale

Thursday, September 25, 2014

J-Dolls in Fashion Fever

After so long lamenting that the good old days of Fashion Avenue and Fashion Fever are long gone, imagine my surprise! I bought two Fashion Fever outfits off of ebay, only to find that just one clothing piece actually fit my Fashion Fever Teresa! I have to wonder now if that was often the case. But even though the tops were way too small on Teresa, they did at least fit my J-Dolls, so it wasn't a total loss. And the purses are cute. The outfits also came with sunglasses, but they are not being modeled today.

Here we see Lindsay modeling her new top. It's made to look like a blouse with a v-neck, long-sleeved shirt over it.


I love the purse that goes with it. No, it doesn't open, but the way the handles look vaguely like vines of plants is cool.


Next we have Melanie showing off her new top. It's meant to look like a gold tube top with a peach sleeveless overblouse, or at least I think that's the intended style.


Her purse doesn't open either, but the little zipper pull is a nice touch, even if it's not connected to a zipper. It's nicer than it appeared in the box, anyway.


Here Melanie models the short lacy jacket that goes over her top. I think the two shades of peach look nice together.


And lastly, here are our two models sitting on the bench that seems to be a favorite place for the girls to soak up a little sun on these fall days.


The skirt is an attempt at making a J-Doll skirt that didn't quite work out, and the shorts are from Mattel's original Stacie. They're a little short, but I don't have a lot of pants or skirts for the J-Dolls to wear at the moment.

I'm sure at some point Fashion Fever Teresa, or at least the denim pants that came with the peach tops, will make an appearance. I've ordered a couple of more Fashion Fever pieces, so we'll see if any of that actually works with the belly button body.

4 comments:

  1. Fashion Fever IS meant for the bellybutton body. Another question is whether they are suitable for Pullip bodies. They are usually too big, but the ones you have here seem to work great. Did the other pieces you ordered arrive? Love your failed attempt at a skirt too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did get some other clothes, but I forgot that they were Fashion Avenue and not Fashion Fever. I'll probably still talk about the outfit at some point. And yes, my Fashion Fever Teresa has the bellybutton body, and most of this stuff did not even close on her. The one pair of pants, I couldn't get over her hips. It was confusing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Fashion Avenue was for TNT bodies. I won a pack at a time I didn't know about the different bodies and couldn't understand why the dress fit my (bellybutton) Barbie, but the shoes were much too small =) I don't have a good picture of the dress, it's this one: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Lg7SzBZwZTk/U7iPpB9HkEI/AAAAAAAABwU/Q_JnB6-mSbc/s1600/poppies_lrg.jpg Some styles work for both body types, but clothes with separate tops and bottoms have little chances. You can either get dolls on TNT bodies to wear them (Dolls of the World or old used dolls) or see if you can alter them. An easy way to remember which clothes fit which bodies is this: A(venue) comes before F(ever) in the dictionary, so they are older and fit older bodies. I hope that helps :)

      Delete
  3. I have quite a few Barbies, with both types of bodies, so most clothes should work for one or the other.

    ReplyDelete